Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

65 Kg Finalist - Otoguro - Japan

Takuto Otoguro of Japan just beat Chakaev to make the finals at 65 kg - He is only 19 years old -he will turn 20 on Dec 13th - That is very impressive - . I wonder if any US colleges might try to recruit him.  Best of luck in his finals tomorrow 

Edited by lu1979

Lu1979 -  good info.  Thanks.  Didn’t realize he was so young.  Looks incredible out there.  Handled Chakaev.  

Doubt he’d want to switch to folk style though!

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Yianni is coming, and when they meet, they might set the world record for most points scored in a match. Dream matchup. 

They were both cadet world champs in 2015 and met then (but were in different weight classes so didn't wrestle).

Fantastic pic! Puts Otoguro’s achievement In perspectives. He is the Japanese Snyder, a boy king. He looks all of 12 in that picture. I’m still shocked such a young kid put forth that much horsepower against literal world-class men. One of the gutsiest performances I’ve seen. 

He's awesome, and so damn fast.  Great offense, amazing counters - I hope he keeps this pace up.  People tend to get less active as their career progresses, sticking to their bread and butter offense.  Hope he remembers this tourney and keeps throwing out the kitchen sink.

20 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Wow this kid is amazing! Not sure if his “injury” is legit, but other than that he was definitely the most fun wrestler to watch (other than Dake and Taylor).

I was listening to a UWW recap(not sure who else saw it).  The host(Don't know his name)said that Otoguro had an ankle injury and that the booing got in his head because everybody thought he was faking.

1 hour ago, CA_Wrestler said:

I was listening to a UWW recap(not sure who else saw it).  The host(Don't know his name)said that Otoguro had an ankle injury and that the booing got in his head because everybody thought he was faking.

I would believe that. He is obviously a high energy wrestler and doesn’t seem like the type would benefit from a lung timeout. On the track feed, Shane Sparks was annoying me with insisting there must be a penalty even when the injury could be legit.