Sign in to follow this  
maligned

Worlds Day 3 Thread

For the first time ever, does the US have a Russian/ post-USSR problem? Because multiple champs at multiple weights who all wanted to go the same weight are, I don't know, very indicative. JB/Dake/Taylor and then Cox/Dake/Taylor is such a USSR "problem"! And to think.... we have Sad and Snyder tomorrow going for P4P best, probably again next year depending on brackets, and then in the US Snyder/Cox/Taylor as three world champs battling for one spot and JB/Dake for the other, depending on where Dake moves up or down to (so potentially FOUR world champions if Dake bumps up)

It is the best of times, 2020 is the worst of times.

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

For the first time ever, does the US have a Russian/ post-USSR problem? Because multiple champs at multiple weights who all wanted to go the same weight are, I don't know, very indicative. JB/Dake/Taylor and then Cox/Dake/Taylor is such a USSR "problem"! And to think.... we have Sad and Snyder tomorrow going for P4P best, probably again next year depending on brackets, and then in the US Snyder/Cox/Taylor as three world champs battling for one spot and JB/Dake for the other, depending on where Dake moves up or down to (so potentially FOUR world champions if Dake bumps up)

It is the best of times, 2020 is the worst of times.

Dake said he was 3kilos under weight today, so I can’t imagine him going up to 86. 74 would be a more natural weight and I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t start next year

He said in another interview he stays close to weight most of the time. I’d venture a guess of 4-6lbs walk around. He can probably get down to 74 without a lot of difficulty. I doubt he does 74 in 2019. He seems quite content at this weight. Let the 74k guys try to figure his style out live at the Olympics. 

12 hours ago, scribe said:

He said in another interview he stays close to weight most of the time. I’d venture a guess of 4-6lbs walk around. He can probably get down to 74 without a lot of difficulty. I doubt he does 74 in 2019. He seems quite content at this weight. Let the 74k guys try to figure his style out live at the Olympics.  

Wow, that's amazing.  I agree he stays at 79 then, especially since JB got the bronze, had he lost that Chamizo match he probably would have done 74 at the Open and 79 for Final X had he lost to JB.