Sign in to follow this  
maligned

Worlds Day 4 Thread

WOW!! Bat Erdene of Mongolia (who eliminated James Green) goes double unders to inside trip to the fall with 10 seconds to go when he was losing 6-4 to Mustapha Kaya of Turkey. Confirms what we saw against Green: he's no slouch. He'll wrestle for bronze against Iakabishvili.

Edited by maligned

Japan with only 2 in the semis today! Crazy. Same as the US. I think Canada has 3. 

At a minimum we have 3 wrestling for a medal out of the first 6 weights. Doesn’t include Helen yet either. 

Not a perfect performance. If Adeline and Menseh can make the finals today, we will be in good shape. Neither has an easy match but both can win. 

Semi's at 76kg are totally loaded:

2015 world champ Adeline Gray vs. 2016 Olympic champ from Canada, Wiebe

2017 world champ Turk, Adar vs. Hungarian, Nemeth, who knocked off multiple-time medalist & 2017 silver medalist Belarussian

6 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Good. They called turkey on it

She won the Euro U23 with hair pulls and another of Turkey's juniors won the Euro juniors with them (not called despite replays and tantrums from her opponent). Hopefully they start being more consistent ruling against it so they have to change their 'style'

40 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Japan with only 2 in the semis today! Crazy. Same as the US. I think Canada has 3. 

At a minimum we have 3 wrestling for a medal out of the first 6 weights. Doesn’t include Helen yet either. 

Not a perfect performance. If Adeline and Menseh can make the finals today, we will be in good shape. Neither has an easy match but both can win. 

Japan will have most likely have another 2 in the finals tomorrow with Susaki at 50kg and Okuno.at 53kg

2 hours ago, CA_Wrestler said:

It still blows my mind that the Japan women's team had 2 high schoolers win senior world titles last year- Susaki and Okuno.

I feel Japan’s “B team” could make a serious run at 2nd place.  That’s just how far ahead they are compared to the rest of the world.  

Horrible tactics at end by Batirov.  Could have given up a step out and still won on criteria.  Would have killed time too.  Instead gives up the 2 and loses.

Russian had the gas tank and I think it is right that he won but just wanted to point out the bad tactics here.