Sign in to follow this  
THEMAN

Sadulaev by pin little over a minute

I wouldn't call it a fluke and it was definitely a pin.

It didn't look to me like Snyder saw that one coming tho'.

It was like an Iranian, except Sad. didn't shoot in on a single and Snyder wasn't in the crack-back position.

Sad. is a great wrestler, no doubt, but that was a one-off type performance, and everyone knows it, I think.

Snyder is saying to himself, "I got caught, won't happen again."

12 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

As for the second part, unfortunately, I don’t think he has fully grown into the weight. The dude doesn’t lift by his own admission and he does not look much bigger to me. Wasn’t he underweight by a few kilos in that picture on the scale that made its rounds not long ago? He might’ve gained a little weight because he wasn’t fasting this time. 

Well, Sadulaev wrestled 92kg as recently as 5 months ago, which is reportedly not hard for him to make.  He certainly has the option to add size if he wants to--he just doesn't want to.  He's said as much on a few occasions... he's concerned about losing quickness/mobility by tacking on weight he obviously doesn't even need to dominate.  

8 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

Guys don't blast me hear but do you think Snyder was a bit scared after seeing Sad thrash everyone leading up to the finals? It appeared that way to me. Some felt like something was off but I think it was just the looming match. Kinda like Mr T in the 2nd fight. 

No

37 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

No access to video--please give a recount of fall.

Hi @Coach_J - here is the video.. it has 0.28 seconds of commerical in the beginning but after that you would see the match. Most of the other youtube videos are currently blocked due to copyrights i believe.

Edited by freestyle_fan

6 minutes ago, nom said:

He was not caught.  Sad put him there.  With great offense and technique.  Let’s not make excuses or white wash this.

That’s not what getting caught means. 

He got caught in the move. Sad deserve credit for catching Snyder in one sequence/move  

If Sadulaev has 5 unanswered takedowns and won 10-0, then I get your point

Sorry, Sad knew what he was doing.  It was not like it was a sudden weird position.  I’m happy to define ‘getting caught differently.’  Some here may think any pin set up by an opponent is getting caught.  

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

He got caught in the move. Sad deserve credit for catching Snyder in one sequence/move  

So if I guy loses a match on one takedown is that also getting caught?

Getting caught doesn't mean it was an accident or unintentional, getting caught means someone did something sneaky or slick, you weren't aware of it, and you "got caught." This is a sneaky move. The fact that all of the examples are obscure proves this. 

Edited by ptz305

1 minute ago, nom said:

Sorry, Sad knew what he was doing.  It was not like it was a sudden weird position.  I’m happy to define ‘getting caught differently.’  Some here may think any pin set up by an opponent is getting caught.  

It was a sudden weird position.  He never hits this move.  Sad felt a position and caught Kyle in it.  If he was pinning guys in it all the time or hitting it all the time that would be different. 

Just now, wrestlingphish said:

So if I guy loses a match on one takedown is that also getting caught?

No, because you have a full match of data. It’s not just the takedown. 

We have 1 minute of data here that mostly consisted of one shot and Snyder fighting off his back. That tells us Sad can pin Snyder. It doesn’t tell us if Snyder can take down Sadulaev, if Sadulaev can gut Snyder, etc. 

i am in no way saying Sadulaev got lucky or anything like that. He won that match in dominant fashion and embarrassed Snyder. Sadulaev deserves the win and may be one of the best ever. 

2 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

Getting caught doesn't mean it was an accident or unintentional, getting caught means someone did something sneaky or slick, you weren't aware of it, and you "got caught." 

This is a much better definition of getting caught

10 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

This... at least someone gets it.

Again... we've all been "caught" at some point... and... I'm betting we've all been "caught" by something slick from a lesser opponent.  It happens to ALL of us... either in a match, or in the practice room.  It just sucks that he got caught by Sad on the biggest stage on the planet.  Snyder will be hungry... this is going to be "fun" for years to come now.

1 minute ago, treep2000 said:

Again... we've all been "caught" at some point... and... I'm betting we've all been "caught" by something slick from a lesser opponent.  It happens to ALL of us... either in a match, or in the practice room.  It just sucks that he got caught by Sad on the biggest stage on the planet.  Snyder will be hungry... this is going to be "fun" for years to come now.

Did you just call Sadulaev a lesser opponent?  If not, you may need to work on your segues.  

41 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Fair enough. I made that argument too and got flamed so decided not to push it. Now there’s nothing to say other than to agree. By the way, I also believed the Ramadan excuse because it made sense especially given how much weight he was giving up without the fast to begin with. Hence, have picked Sadulaev in the rematch rol the day he lost. Snyder may never beat Sadulaev again and it wouldn’t surprise me. 

It wasn't Ramadan.  Ramadan was months before. (three months?)