Sign in to follow this  
THEMAN

Sadulaev by pin little over a minute

Just now, GranbyTroll said:

He was always the P4P king, even after he lost to Snyder last time. Sadulaev went up something like 24lb to face the defending Olympic champ in his prime and  only lost by 1 in a back and forth classic. 

Fair enough. I made that argument too and got flamed so decided not to push it. Now there’s nothing to say other than to agree. By the way, I also believed the Ramadan excuse because it made sense especially given how much weight he was giving up without the fast to begin with. Hence, have picked Sadulaev in the rematch rol the day he lost. Snyder may never beat Sadulaev again and it wouldn’t surprise me. 

1 minute ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Fair enough. I made that argument too and got flamed so decided not to push it. Now there’s nothing to say other than to agree. By the way, I also believed the Ramadan excuse because it made sense especially given how much weight he was giving up without the fast to begin with. Hence, have picked Sadulaev in the rematch rol the day he lost. Snyder may never beat Sadulaev again and it wouldn’t surprise me. 

I am sure this is not something easily digestible..but I have the same feeling “Snyder may never beat Sadulaev again and it wouldn’t surprise me“

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Snyder had a chance to belly out at one point. He had the leverage imo to do that, but maybe not. If he did but instead chose to try and get reversal it obviously did not work. We talked last year about the size difference with Sads growing into the weight contributing to his loss last year. Now he is fully grown into the weight class and is superior to all others, including Snyder. 

I hate to agree with the first part of this but it’s true. I hate “being that guy”,  but as I and others said on other threads, Snyder looked slower, off. No excuses. He got stuck in dominant fashion. 

As for the second part, unfortunately, I don’t think he has fully grown into the weight. The dude doesn’t lift by his own admission and he does not look much bigger to me. Wasn’t he underweight by a few kilos in that picture on the scale that made its rounds not long ago? He might’ve gained a little weight because he wasn’t fasting this time. 

1 minute ago, Cradle1 said:

We had a kid on my college team so funky that he made Askren look conventional- this was his go to move.  We called it the "tree of woe" lol.  

first time i saw it was when my youngest hit it SO Plains last summer... not sure what it is called, but, a slick move for an exposure if they are gonna stay draped over the back... 

my guess to pin with it you would have to be very strong...

1 minute ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I hate to agree with the first part of this but it’s true. I hate “being that guy”,  but as I and others said on other threads, Snyder looked slower, off. No excuses. He got stuck in dominant fashion. 

As for the second part, unfortunately, I don’t think he has fully grown into the weight. The dude doesn’t lift by his own admission and he does not look much bigger to me. Wasn’t he underweight by a few kilos in that picture on the scale that made its rounds not long ago? He might’ve gained a little weight because he wasn’t fasting this time. 

I have no idea what he weighed in at, I am just going by the size and strength I saw this year vs last year. It is anecdotal but it is what I am going by since I never look at weigh in numbers.

10 minutes ago, rcoates1 said:

I’m not gonna say he wasn’t pinned, but the slow motion replays didn’t show it.  The ref called for the pin and was denied then his second call was confirmed.  This has been the worst ref by far at the championships.  

I'm not blaming the ref for the result, but that ref was the worst one I saw in all the freestyle matches.  He let things get out of control in an earlier match.  Why would they use him in a match of this importance?

Guys don't blast me hear but do you think Snyder was a bit scared after seeing Sad thrash everyone leading up to the finals? It appeared that way to me. Some felt like something was off but I think it was just the looming match. Kinda like Mr T in the 2nd fight. 

Snyder will be fine.  Pinning is a great aspect of our sport, and a way to "seal the deal" with dominance.  Snyder got CAUGHT.  Every single one of us has been CAUGHT.  You know it.  I know it.  It happens.  Snyder just so happens to get caught from time to time.  But... just like he was Gadson'ed his Frosh year, he was Sad'ed or whatever.  Cool.  Next year is the rubber match. The move by Sad was great.  Don't get me wrong, but I don't think it "proves" that Snyder will never beat Sad again, or that Sad will always beat Snyder.  He was caught... plain and simple...

EDIT:  Now... if Snyder was "beaten" by Sad repeatedly taking him down, and turning him, I would feel MUCH MUCH MUCH worse about Snyder's future chances.  

Edited by treep2000

Really amazing.  Just went on to Track to check and saw that.  1:10 pin.  I thought this would be a much different match.  Sad is awesome, to stick Snyder is incredible.  Hopefully these two can go back and forth for the next few years.  Now it is Snyder's turn to become really really hungry!!  I can't wait to see it.

mspart

Edited by mspart