Sign in to follow this  
THEMAN

Sadulaev by pin little over a minute

I thought it was interesting tho', Sad.'s comment after the match that was passed on to Snyder, that's on the USA Wrestling You Tube video, to the effect that Snyder's quotes regarding their previous encounter were bulletin board material for Sad.

My take -- Snyder went in a little over-confident; and Sad. went in burning for pay-back.

Remember those pics of Sad. crying on the medal stand.

Well, he's an effing beast when you're just another opponent.  Imagine if you've ripped his heart out of his chest, what you're gonna' get next.

I was actually surprised what they asked Snyder. I've never heard Sadulaev say this. In fact, the only thing I've heard him say is: "next time will be different". But he did not say that Snyder talks too much or things like that. The Russian coaches talking some trash but not Sadulaev.

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I have no idea what he weighed in at, I am just going by the size and strength I saw this year vs last year. It is anecdotal but it is what I am going by since I never look at weigh in numbers.

There is an interview on FLO with Sadulaev's coach.  He says that Sadulaev's walking around weight is 93 or 94 KG and that he specifically goes 97 KG to challenge Snyder.  Now, what does he do that he has conquered that obstacle?  Go back down to challenge Cox or Taylor  .... hmm bump up to 125KG (not likely) or stay where he is and cultivate a potential ongoing rivalry with Snyder?  The last option could be best for the sport (and even for Snyder himself, in terms of motivation).  Rivalries are good for wrestling.  Love thy nemesis. 

Edited by dmm53

3 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

There is an interview on FLO with Sadulaev's coach.  He says that Sadulaev's walking around weight is 93 or 94 KG and that he specifically goes 97 KG to challenge Snyder.  Now, what does he do that he has conquered that obstacle?  Go back down to challenge Cox or Taylor  .... hmm bump up to 125KG (not likely) or stay where he is and cultivate a potential ongoing rivalry with Snyder?  The last option could be best for the sport (and even for Snyder himself, in terms of motivation).  Rivalries are good for wrestling.  Love thy nemesis. 

If he's walking around at 93/94 that cut to 86 would be pretty tough, especially with the current weigh-ins unless he devotes some time to making his body simply smaller. I don't think he looks small for the weight and it's not like he's carrying extra weight on him. I would expect him to stay up at 97 and just keep growing into the weight. And at this point for the sport of wrestling that's an awesome thing. Two phenomenal wrestlers, one from USA and the other from Russia. That's about as good as you can get. 

53 minutes ago, wfan24 said:

As I mentioned many times on this board before, the 2nd match will not be close. This is generally the case with the Russians: you can win once, but after that you get scouted to death and they will probably beat you. I think Snyder will have a hard time with Sadulaev in the future. Sadulaev is really an incredible talent. So is Snyder, but Sadulaev is just a tiny 1 notch above in technique and speed. That said, despite his win, I am still not sure why he went to 97kg and not stayed at 86kg.  Still haven't read a good explanation except he does not like cutting weight.

I think Sadulaev will lose at some point, but not to Snyder, more like Alborov or someone like that will catch him in a lace or something.

If you can access this FLO video, it provides an answer from the coach why Sadulaev goes 97KG.   If you can't access it, the short answer is he wants (wanted) to beat Snyder.  His normal weight is much less than 97KG.  https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6245648-2018-uww-world-championships/videos?playing=6257167&limit=60

1 hour ago, Cooch1 said:

Wouldn't an old fashion whizzer have saved Kyle instead of leaving his arms draped around torso?

he had a belly whizzer on the opposite side, which, is typically the hand that will get trapped so it can't post out and stop the exposure...

after rewatching, what is interesting is that sad trapped the flailing arm on the other side which gave him control of both arms and made it a danger situation instead of just roll through exposure...

news flash... sadulaeuv is pretty good at wrestling...

2 hours ago, dmm53 said:

He stays at 97 because it is an Olympic weight. He can't make 86, so 97 it is. 

Sadulaev is not getting enough credit for securing Snyder’s wrist in place before the roll. If you watch, he was standing up with the single and Snyder was trying to thigh pry him back to the mat as he was being lifted. Snyder wasn’t draping the arm or locking around the waist as so many do to stalemate the action, which I agree is a mistake. He was forced to either use his arms to try to get hip separation or give up the TD, which was imminent.  

I was more surprised by how easily Sadulaev got in on Snyder than how Snyder defended the shot. It was almost effortless, as if he could just keep doing it all match long. 

9 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Sadulaev is not getting enough credit for securing Snyder’s wrist in place before the roll. If you watch, he was standing up with the single and Snyder was trying to thigh pry him back to the mat as he was being lifted. Snyder wasn’t draping the arm or locking around the waist as so many do to stalemate the action, which I agree is a mistake. He was forced to either use his arms to try to get hip separation or give up the TD, which was imminent.  

I was more surprised by how easily Sadulaev got in on Snyder than how Snyder defended the shot. It was almost effortless, as if he could just keep doing it all match long. 

I think you are spot on with this observation. He went straight to that wrist and secured it firmly before the dump. It surprised me how easy he made that look while I was watching the match. Reach behind yourself and upwards over your head and get the wrist that easy? Very astute observation, wrestlingnerd. 

snyder's was doing a belly whizzer with his right arm... sadulaev secures  snyder's right wrist after the roll was complete... sadulaev trapped the opposite arm that was clutching his leg and moved it to his belly and then went the opposite way from belly whizzer arm with the roll which is why at first watch it looked so unusual...

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Dude, you really need to quit the whole guru act, it's almost as big a waste of html as Tbar.

2 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

I'm reviewing the vid like the zapruder film and i don't see Sadulaev have any sort of wrist control before the dump.

Willie, it looks pretty clear on the you tube video I am watching. He has the leg and reaches back and secures the wrist right before the dump. 

You can see from that still shot that it wasn’t the elbow he had. It was the wrist area. If you slow mo it forward a few seconds to when Snyder was on his back, you can see Sadulaev’s right arm was cinched well below Snyder’s trapped arm’s elbow, a little above the wrist/lower forearm area. 

My point was that it wasn’t like Snyder tried a chest or belly wrap and gave up the elbow. He was about to give up a TD and had to use both arms to try get separation. I thought it was a reasonable reaction, not a rookie mistake like some are insinuating. Sadulaev deserves credit more than Snyder deserves criticism. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Dude, you really need to quit the whole guru act, it's almost as big a waste of html as Tbar.

You are a fart that lingers, leaving a stench on every thread you visit, which unfortunately is most of them. Most try to ignore it but are forced to hold their nose in disgust.