Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Russian Revolution

On 10/24/2018 at 11:16 AM, JHRoseWrestling said:

If the best athletes in South Carolina all wrestled from youth and were retained through the senior level with quality coaching the whole way we could expect similar results.

There is no region of our country where wrestling attracts and retains a majority of the best athletes.  We lose to football, baseball, basketball, etc.  I know we have great athletes in our sport, but on a macro level this is the reason why we are not the consistently dominant force in the world.

That's absolutely not the reason we aren't dominant.  I have never watched an American World or Olympic team and thought that their main problem was lack of athleticism.  

Your evidence doesn't correlate with my point.  You are talking in micro terms, I am talking in macro terms.

Since you are comfortable talking in absolutes... If wrestling attracted all of our nation's best athletes, we would not only dominate the world, the gap would be so wide this discussion would be moot.

An earlier poster noted it's not just athletes, but  also culture and conditions.  I couldn't agree more.  I simply contend that if we had all the best athletes culture would follow along lockstep.

Edited by JHRoseWrestling

34 minutes ago, JHRoseWrestling said:

Your evidence doesn't correlate with my point.  You are talking in micro terms, I am talking in macro terms.

Since you are comfortable talking in absolutes... If wrestling attracted all of our nation's best athletes, we would not only dominate the world, the gap would be so wide this discussion would be moot.

An earlier poster noted it's not just athletes, but  also culture and conditions.  I couldn't agree more.  I simply contend that if we had all the best athletes culture would follow along lockstep.

Oh.  So if we had all of the athletes then the money and culture and support would follow and we'd be good.  

Thanks for the analysis.