Sign in to follow this  
TheOhioState

Who do you have next time? Let's bet on it.

Big money is going with Sadulaev the next time these two wrestlers meet.  

But hey...don't just pick your favorite...let's get some skin into it.

Let's bet, but let's use profile photos as our chips.

If your wrestler wins, you keep your profile photo.  

If your wrestler loses, you have to choose the President of the country of the winning wrestler as your photo.

Duration= One month.

I've got Snyderman.  

23 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I’d bet money on DT the next time yaz and he wrestle. There’s nothing else Yaz can do unless they shorten the match to 1period 

He can improve his conditioning and pace himself better. Don't forget he was at 70kg a few years ago, takes time to adapt to a weight class 16kg higher. A bit like Sadaluev moving up 11kg, but more and at a lower weight. Sad is 22, Yaz is 23, Taylor is 27. 

I'm not comparing Yaz to Sad though, Sad is clearly pound for pound #1 by far, Yaz not top 5 yet. 

25 minutes ago, The Genius said:

He can improve his conditioning and pace himself better. Don't forget he was at 70kg a few years ago, takes time to adapt to a weight class 16kg higher. A bit like Sadaluev moving up 11kg, but more and at a lower weight. Sad is 22, Yaz is 23, Taylor is 27. 

I'm not comparing Yaz to Sad though, Sad is clearly pound for pound #1 by far, Yaz not top 5 yet. 

He's now had 2 years at the new weight.  He may continue to get stronger, but if he's not in shape 2 years after moving up it has nothing to do with a weight change.

I do agree he can change his match tactics and try to protect his cardio, but that takes away his main advantage.  I go Taylor in the rematch.  The Yaz we saw this weekend had a year to make adjustments and lost the exact same way.

And Sadulaev is the clear pick.

No reason to think Yazdani beats Taylor in a rematch. I am Iranian but let's be realistic, he could barely even stand up after the match. He is going to improve his conditioning that much? He had nothing for Taylor after just 3 minutes and has lost the same way to him twice now. I can guarantee he's already giving everything he has in training. Actually a lot of this stuff in terms of lung capacity and cardio is largely genetics. He's superior to most of his opponents in this regard, but not when it comes to Taylor. I remember Esmailpour always used to beat Americans the same way. Give up a lot of points in the first period and then his cardio would beat them in the second and he'd win. The Americans never figured it out and they probably have the best conditioning in general. Yazdani has fully adapted to 86 by now. He has not even had a hard match outside of the the 2 with Taylor. 

I don't see Snyder beating Sadulaev. Sadulaev made the harder side of the bracket look like a joke, he destroyed everyone while Snyder had a tougher time in the easy side of the bracket and then he destroyed Snyder in the final. He lost to Snyder by 1 point in his second tournament at 97 but even Americans have to admit that Sadulaev is a way better wrestler than Snyder, the only question was if Snyder's size, strength and conditioning would able to overcome that. Crazy that Sadulaev has essentialy become a dominant force at 3 weights from 86 and 92 to 97! Sucks for Snyder that he came around at the same time as Sadulaev because it probably means he will be receiving silver and bronze medals for a long time. 

Edited by Shiraz123

16 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

No reason to think Yazdani beats Taylor in a rematch. I am Iranian but let's be realistic, he could barely even stand up after the match. He is going to improve his conditioning that much? He had nothing for Taylor after just 3 minutes and has lost the same way to him twice now. I can guarantee he's already giving everything he has in training. Actually a lot of this stuff in terms of lung capacity and cardio is largely genetics. He's superior to most of his opponents in this regard, but not when it comes to Taylor. I remember Esmailpour always used to beat Americans the same way. Give up a lot of points in the first period and then his cardio would beat them in the second and he'd win. The Americans never figured it out and they probably have the best conditioning in general. Yazdani has fully adapted to 86 by now. He has not even had a hard match outside of the the 2 with Taylor. 

I don't see Snyder beating Sadulaev. Sadulaev made the harder side of the bracket look like a joke, he destroyed everyone while Snyder had a tougher time in the easy side of the bracket and then he destroyed Snyder in the final. He lost to Snyder by 1 point in his second tournament at 97 but even Americans have to admit that Sadulaev is a way better wrestler than Snyder, the only question was if Snyder's size, strength and conditioning would able to overcome that. Crazy that Sadulaev has essentialy become a dominant force at 3 weights from 86 and 92 to 97! Sucks for Snyder that he came around at the same time as Sadulaev because it probably means he will be receiving silver and bronze medals for a long time. 

It is genetics partly for sure but there is always ways to improve conditioning. He gained 16kg (Sad only gained 11kg) at the age of 22/23, that's a huge disadvantage and he's still destroying everyone else, I think he just needs more time. Sad didn't have a hard match at 97kg until he met Snyder but he still hadn't adapted by that time either. 

Agree on Sad/Snyder, it makes me think of Salimi and Lasha (weightlifting), Salimi could win so many golds if Lasha wasn't around. 

Edited by The Genius

He has gone up 3 weights but It's probably not accurate to say he gained 16kg just like saying Sadulaev gained 11kg is not accurate, since he obviously does not cut weight to make 97 and didn't weigh exactly 86. To say he gained 16kg is assuming Yazdani cut 0 weight to wrestle at 70 and 74 and now weighs exactly 86, which is obviously not the case.  I wonder how much he actually gained. I remember reading at one point that he was walking around at roughly 80kg (this was after his last tournament at 70), and  I know for a fact that a few months after the Olympics when he decided to wrestle at 86 he weighed 83kg. And if you look at his pictures from the Olympics it's obvious from his face he'd been cutting weight. I'd guess he weighs around 87-88kg at the absolute most now. No way he has any kind of serious cut to 86. 

I think the cardio gap is just too big. Sadulaev got tired at the end and lost by 1 point. It was easy to see him making that up. Yazdani has not been able to wrestle with this guy for more than 2-3 minutes and was completely out of it in the second period for 2 matches in a row now. Maybe he beats him and i'm wrong but I see no reason to actually pick him. Anyway the Iranian coaches have a poor track record of reversing losses once a foreign athlete gets a winning streak over their guys. 

41 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

I remember Esmailpour always used to beat Americans the same way. Give up a lot of points in the first period and then his cardio would beat them in the second and he'd win.

Oh my goodness yes, he'd KILL americans in the last two minutes of the match.  That Reece  Humphrey match at worlds, what an amazing comeback and show of heart and determination. 

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

I agree with all of this, Shiraz. The first Snyder-Sadulaev match about 90 percent of that match was spent in collar ties that favor the larger man, Snyder. As you say, Snyder was still extremely hard pressed to eek out a 1 point win. This time Sadulaev got him quick. I think Sadulaev has grown into the weight and now has his same quickness edge. Superior. 

If you think I'm going to enter a bet which results in having to see either one of those bigoted maniac's faces more than I have to, in the one place on the internet still relatively free of politics, you're out of your mind. 

16 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

If you think I'm going to enter a bet which results in having to see either one of those bigoted maniac's faces more than I have to, in the one place on the internet still relatively free of politics, you're out of your mind. 

May I humbly suggest then that instead of avatars people pledge 5/10/20 dollars instead to a wrestling charity such as Pin Cancer or Wrestling For Life? 

19 hours ago, TheOhioState said:

Big money is going with Sadulaev the next time these two wrestlers meet.  

But hey...don't just pick your favorite...let's get some skin into it.

Let's bet, but let's use profile photos as our chips.

If your wrestler wins, you keep your profile photo.  

If your wrestler loses, you have to choose the President of the country of the winning wrestler as your photo.

Duration= One month.

I've got Snyderman.  

The photos of the presidents (or heads) of major wrestling countries would be a rogue's gallery of thugs, con men, liars, and tyrants:  Putin, Trump, Rouhani, Erdogan, etc.    

4 hours ago, The Genius said:

One of the reason he dominates everyone else in the world besides Taylor is his pace. He overwhelmes almost everyone else, he’s only had a few matches not resulting in tech. Taylor also wrestled at a lower weight just a few years ago. Maybe he should drop back down if he wants a shot a gold again.