Coach_J

Enjoy the current US overall lead...

i was told in good faith that haze and coon will both be bringing home the gold... 

thielke is in a much better environment for him now, so, who knows...

bey is always a threat...

hancock getting shown the door at the OTC has lit a fire under him...

roberts ready to make that step up...

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!

ok... now that is over with... i am going to go back to the reality of the situation and brood...

I said this same thing yesterday when they were adding in the women’s freestyle results.  Just hoping for some Greco improvement and a few individuals making a deep run.  The 0-1or 1-1 days out of most of the team when they didn’t even lose to a medalist is getting hard to watch. 

american greco has to be tempered with realism, but, i really feel the worm is turning...

my youngest was in nebraska a couple of weeks ago doing a greco and free touney in october... it was a breath of fresh air... 

bey, schultz, and hancock really putting an emphasis on greco from early ages is huge...

lindland actually pushing greco and holding high expectations...

the coaching is getting better... sending our coaches over seas to train more and more frequently and what they are picking up is huge... bringing in foreign coaches...

what terry pack is doing at LOG...

things are gaining some momentum...

Hancock wa shown the door at the OTC... that is why he has been in europe for the last month getting ready for worlds...

the word around the campfire is he is going WCAP after worlds...

Well I sure hope that our Greco team does well, the athletes, our coaches, staff, and the program in general sure could use a shot in the arm. I think if we are able to get a handful of medals and maybe a title or two, ( I know I am aiming really high ), it would do wonders, and energize our Greco wrestlers around the country. 

We need to go out of country to find a new Greco coach.  All we ever hear is that lindland has our Greco program on the rise and year after year we have underwhelming results.  It’s time for a change of culture in our Greco program.

we have several foreign coaches on staff... mo has been on staff for about a decade (i think)... romanov ran the michigan program for a long time... ahaad was at the OTC for awhile... i met a russian who was a former world medalist at the OTC a few weeks ago...

it is not just as simple as hiring a new coach...

thielke didn't get ragdolled... it was a 1pt match that was competitive throughout...

i did see this interview before watching the match, so, maybe it skewed my view, but, he looked a little lethargic to me... not quite the frenetic pace he usually sets... now that may be because of new strategy or it maybe the fact that he was run down... who knows... i know i was a little surprised when i heard that the greco guys left the OTC as early as they did, but, didn't think too much about it... 

30 minutes ago, LJB said:

thielke didn't get ragdolled... it was a 1pt match that was competitive throughout...

i did see this interview before watching the match, so, maybe it skewed my view, but, he looked a little lethargic to me... not quite the frenetic pace he usually sets... now that may be because of new strategy or it maybe the fact that he was run down... who knows... i know i was a little surprised when i heard that the greco guys left the OTC as early as they did, but, didn't think too much about it... 

Yes, it was an 8-7 match but Thielke got his first 5 points on passivity followed by 2 guts, which is great. But they go back on their feet and bada bing bada boom, Islamov takes him down and scores 2 easy trap arms, goes up 6-5 just like that. 2nd period starts and Islamov arm throws Thielke across the mat to go up 8-5, Thielke gets 2 more points at the end on passivity for 8-7 final. Still thought Thielke was dominated.

Ragdoll or not, the bigger picture, what happened? Did the Greco athletes not know what their training schedule was prior to World's? Was it really that draining? Isn't training their "job"? Ok, if they're being overworked and not getting enough sleep, maybe. Is that the case? Would love to hear the other side of the story and Hancock's story.

1 hour ago, 2td3nf said:

Wow, this is unbelievable. What happened? First Hancock gets booted and now this? BTW, Thielke got ragdolled in his one and done.

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/PortalPlayer.jsp?TIM=1540510112136&twSessionId=pxiogspgkdhxdtt&videoId=742259132

Wow! I’ve never heard a wrestler that critical of his training. It seems his criticism is warranted too. I don’t understand how that type of training that close to worlds could happen. Maybe he is exaggerating... I’d love to hear the coaches side too