pennsyrules

Thielke...ouch!

Also, it is tough to get a kid to commit to the OTC and either put college on hold or go part-time/on line to Univ. of Colorado @ Colorado Springs while living at the OTC. My son wanted to go but the pull of big time college wrestling was too much. Greco is not very sexy. Combine that with all the excellent education opportunities available in colleges to wrestlers, it's a hard sell and will take awhile.

I'm guessing if the Coach got to pick the team, my dog would have a better chance than Thielke on making the team.

Does anybody remember the candy bars and Pokeman from the 2016 last chance qualifier? Lindland threw those out in an interview so casually. I'm guessing they haven't exchanged Christmas cards in a while.

4 hours ago, whyme25 said:

I agree with LemonPie but this is also Thielke being Thielke, Almost all of Wisconsin wrestling fans had him pegged as the next 4X NCAA Champ, when that blew up it was Davis fault at Wisconsin, It was Forced PT last time he wrestled, he likes to listen to himself talk to the media and it is ALWAYS someone else's fault, It is time to move on!

I don't agree it was almost all Wisconsin fans.  It was a few vocal guys on the WI message board.

Thielke is the Metcalf of Greco. He had all this hype surrounding his NCAA career and under performed. When he decided to focus on international wrestling, there was even more hype but he still failed to win a match at the Worlds or Olympics. THEN they change the rules, which Thielke himself says will turn him into a monster... but he still fails to win matches at Worlds. 

2 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

Thielke is the Metcalf of Greco. He had all this hype surrounding his NCAA career and under performed. When he decided to focus on international wrestling, there was even more hype but he still failed to win a match at the Worlds or Olympics. THEN they change the rules, which Thielke himself says will turn him into a monster... but he still fails to win matches at Worlds. 

You must have watched a different Olympics than I did.

1 hour ago, GranbyTroll said:

My bad, it's been a few years since 2016. Theilke won his first match 8-0 before losing 0-9 and failing to get pulled into repechage. 

I do agree with the rest of your point though.  He never really was into college wrestling, mainly wrestled Greco on his feet with some success, but couldn't get off the bottom.

in most cases, a person who complains about their training situation likely went in with doubts about it.

someone who goes in to training with doubts is not likely to train diligently.

someone who doesn't train diligently puts themselves as a disadvantage. 

someone who has a disadvantage is less likely to perform well.