nom

Sad / Taylor

Sad has shown he is an American Giant killer.  Taylor is mopping the mats with Russians.  How cool would it be if Sad decides to target 86kg to purposeful dethrone the American there.  

Unlikely I know.  But he seems to be motivated by challenges like this.  Would be an incredible story line.  92kg in 2019 to take on the defending American gold medal winner.  Then 86kg in 2020.

ultimate legendary status  —- what a freakin story line that would be!!!!

Did anyone predict our medalists the way they ended up? If I knew ahead of the event that we'd win three golds, I don't think I would have picked those three to win - probably one and maybe two. It's perfectly logical in hindsight, but still...

That's to say - I don't think Taylor and Cox are bigger giants to kill than Snyder is. He certainly avenged his loss, but I don't think the story is over, nor do I want it to be. 

Also, I think there is zero chance of Sad dropping back down to his teenage weight. 

Slow your roll people, let's get the rubber match first. I want to see what six minutes looks like with Sad/KS. I feel like we were cheated out of a spectacle by that brute.

A guy who pinned Snyder has nothing to prove at lower weights. He doesn’t have to go down and beat any other American, as he’s effectively done that by ragdolling our biggest and baddest guy. I want to see the rivalry continue and really hope he stays up at 97 kg. 

Definitely Lee would spank Sad.  No doubt about it.  Har har har!!

Sadulaev looked awesome and tore through the field.  Including the final.  He beat our best.  I would love to see them at it again next year or at Yarigan. 

I would think that Taylor could beat Dake now.  Some of the time anyway.   Dake, Taylor, and Cox are all WC's.   That just tells you how good it is in the US right now and before when Dake and Taylor could not make the team. 

mspart

48 minutes ago, mspart said:

Definitely Lee would spank Sad.  No doubt about it.  Har har har!!

Sadulaev looked awesome and tore through the field.  Including the final.  He beat our best.  I would love to see them at it again next year or at Yarigan. 

I would think that Taylor could beat Dake now.  Some of the time anyway.   Dake, Taylor, and Cox are all WC's.   That just tells you how good it is in the US right now and before when Dake and Taylor could not make the team. 

mspart

edit:  I see what you are saying

Edited by jchapman

i can't believe anyone who make some absurd claim that lee has a better gut than sadulaev... lee is more know for his laces anyway...

now fix's trap arm is a decent discussion...

He may not yet have all the medals, but DT has been a far more creative, exciting and versatile wrestler than Snyder.  So many more moves and ways to score that KS.  That doesn't necessarily mean he is (yet) "better" but most folks who watched him over the last decade have known that DT had all the ability, talent, and drive to rise to the very highest level, including the best P4P guy in the world.   A Sadulaev match may or may be in the future, but don't count Taylor out.  The guy has now  twice decisively beaten the "Annointed One" in Yazdani, and has only lost once (and that is domestically and contraversally) in the last two years.   He is on a very dominant run.