Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Adam Coon has a great draw

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/October/26/Day-8-draws-for-USA

i don’t know much about Greco, but it looks like he has an excellent draw, on par with Gwiz in freestyle. 

I don’t think any of us know where he stacks up against the world in Greco, but he seems to have luck on his side so far. Based on Robby Smith’s results, it looks like he would’ve had a serious shot to medal with this draw. Maybe Coon can do the same?

Am i way off base?

Well, I hope that Adam can string some wins together and get in a position to battle for the title and or a medal. If he can, this would be a very good accomplishment for Adam, and provide a little bit of energy for our Greco team. 

Kim of South Korea is on a bit of a roll today and he's been around--but, wow, what an opportunity for Adam. After what he's done so far, there's no reason to think he can't win that match and go to the final. Even there, I'm not sure he can beat Semenov, but a very savvy Nabi could get past Semenov and Nabi's not a scoring machine that would bury Adam in the final. He would have a legit shot in that matchup too.

Heck I want Coon to take home a medal period.  But with Coon taking out the US’s main promoter of Greco (Smith) to make that team, it makes it comforting to know he’s at least doing this well.  They should bring out Smith as the hype man before the main event starts and just let him throw some drunk in the crowd around for a few min to get everyone going.    

17 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Don't care about the talk of the "easy draw"--you pin your way to the finals you're got some game!

So true. Popp and Kim are both very decent and have some nice wins on their resumes.

Still...gotta love that draw. You have to go back to our very own Dremiel Byers 9 years ago to find a heavyweight medal-earning nation that was represented in Coon's half of the bracket today.