Sign in to follow this  
MikePorcelli

Adam Coon in the finals!!!!

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I don’t know anything about international Greco guys. Has he beat any legit medal contenders. I’ve watched his matches and he looks dominant 

I wrote in another thread. He beat a couple legit guys who have some decent wins: but he got the draw of all draws. No country who has won a medal at Greco heavyweight in the last 9 years had a rep in his half of the bracket.

first off, congrats...

i just watched all of his matches and the overwhelming feeling i had was just feeling sorry for these guys... coon was so much bigger than everyone else he wrestled and is a decent athlete in the most unathletic weight class... coon's technique is very, very raw... 

semenov might be an eye opener...

54 minutes ago, LJB said:

first off, congrats...

i just watched all of his matches and the overwhelming feeling i had was just feeling sorry for these guys... coon was so much bigger than everyone else he wrestled and is a decent athlete in the most unathletic weight class... coon's technique is very, very raw... 

semenov might be an eye opener...

In Coon's post semifinal interview he mentioned that Semenov (RUS) throttled him at Jr World semis and here it is:

The US hasn't won Greco gold at any weight since 2006 (Joe Warren at 60KG). Prior to that it was three in a row at 120 KG: Rulon (giant killer) Gardner in 2000 and 2001 followed by D. Byers in 2002. Before that, there was only 1 gold from 1986-1999. There were three golds from 1984-85. From 1960-1983, the US earned no (zero) golds. That's it.  So, a gold from Coon would be quite special, historically speaking.

Coon's finals opponent will likely do everything he possibly can to stay out of a body lock.

If Coon pins this guy (a Russian who is probably better than the wrestlers Coon has previously beaten at Worlds), would his 5 pins be unprecedented in World Championship history?  Coon should be rewarded with a trip into outer space  . . . or at least a ticker tape parade at the NCAAs.

Here is a preview of the finals match.  If you look closely, you can see the colored ankle bracelets that distinguish the Russian Bear (Wrestler A) from the American Bear (Wrestler B).  They go out of bounds around the 1 minute mark of the first period, but the ref (who was standing about 40 feet away) lets the action continue:

Edited by dmm53