2td3nf

Yarygin 2019

Thanks for the info.  That is good. I'm glad we are sending a team.  Better that it were a full team but still. JB going is a sign he is serious about getting back on top.  Good luck to him!

mspart

19 hours ago, Gantry said:

JB at 79 makes sense too, I have a feeling with the rule changes that cut to 74kg is really tough for him now.  I think he'll be just fine up there...

Highly doubt he tries to make the team at 79. He has a bye to Final X at 74, plus it is the year before the Olympics so he wants Olympic seeding points and a bye to the trials finals. 

I hope and think we will see a much more explosive JB at 79kg.  When he looked bigger at beat the streets, he was able to explode on Chamizo.  At 2017 Words, he looked bigger and was much more explosive throughout that whole tournament compared to 2018 Worlds.  

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Highly doubt he tries to make the team at 79. He has a bye to Final X at 74, plus it is the year before the Olympics so he wants Olympic seeding points and a bye to the trials finals.  

Of course not, I didn't mean to imply that if I did.  More of what treep and misterc said

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

Of course not, I didn't mean to imply that if I did.  More of what treep and misterc said

Yeah I think we all understand the big picture.  JB should be testing the waters at 79kg anyways.  I figure if he loses the Olympic spot at 74kg, he can bump up and be in the conversation to win a World title at 79kg for 2020 to cap off a stellar career (assuming they still hold Worlds like 2016).  

On 1/13/2019 at 1:30 PM, Gantry said:

JB at 79 makes sense too, I have a feeling with the rule changes that cut to 74kg is really tough for him now.  I think he'll be just fine up there...

And, all tournaments are 74kg scratch both days this year. Before, Yarygin got +2kg the first day and maybe +3kg the second day. 

EDIT: got my facts straights. 

Edited by GranbyTroll

54 minutes ago, Willis said:

Jordan was on the initial roster sent to UWW, but he will not be competing. 

Aw shucks, that would have been so cool to finally see Burroughs compete at the Yarygin.   :(

(Still gonna stay up late and follow the other Americans if the tournament is streamed.)

On 1/16/2019 at 6:12 PM, Willis said:

Jordan was on the initial roster sent to UWW, but he will not be competing. 

Furthermore, he went on twitter to say as long as he competes it will be at 74kg.  Any thoughts of going to 79kg were because he was hungry.

I still think this changes depending on how the 2020 Olympic trials shakes out.

Edited by misterc