Jump to content
2td3nf

Yarygin 2019

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, LJB said:

JO is the only one at 65 that i have any real excitement about... and to be absolutely fair, he has never done anything to propagate that excitement... 

 

i'm still holding out hope for a miraculous pico return for 2020...

yeah... i'm that guy...

Not sure how many people saw this on IG, but Pico did recently get a Mexican passport and with him replying to a post that Valentin made saying to Valentin "We're not done yet", it's time to speculate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

Zain is the better of those three but I’m not ready to call him the man at that this weight just yet.

Especially not since Oliver just beat Zain two months ago pretty badly. Can't really call him the best of the three when that's the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

archives will be up asap. its not on floarena so its not autoupload, manual only. we want them up as fast as you do and appreciate your patience! 

Why not put one up of Gahdzi vs Ringer, rather that two of Zaseev vs Ringer?

Thank you!

Edited by tbert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

snyder this close to going home with no medal and 1 match, salas took magomedov to the wire. during that match imar lost a nail biter by 1 point, lots of flurries. Imar went down early big on a weird sequence where it was imar was in control and he was going for the pin yet imars back was exposed. perhaps a misundertanding of freestyle by imar  he looked like the better wrestler 

sidakov in a squeeker with another russian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

Snyder was cut from the tournament! Magomedov lost to Mongol! 

This is why FILA needs to switch to Double Elimination tournaments. True placing for those who don't make the Gold Medal match. A real chance to see the wrestlers against more competitors and rank them with results that actually mean something. This silliness of 'follow the guy that beat you' is not a good thing at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snyder is known for taking losses pre-Worlds and Olympics, but definite evidence that he has been well-scouted and prepped for.  Stop the low-level leg attack and you've got more than a puncher's chance.  Take advantage of the quick strike, especially early, and you put him in a deep hole.  Adjustments, adjustments, adjustments....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed Snyder got behind him in a rear standing position.  I pictured Dake using that to do a huge lift, back and over, ala what he did to his Japanese opponent at World Cup .  Fair to say not a linear increase in difficulty with weight?  Given Snyder’s muscle videos, was thinking it might be an option.  Never really looked like one though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough loss for Snyder, he was right there but lost the squeaker. The first points of the match looked like they would be Kyle's, but no, there it is again, the Russians can turn opponents and score from anywhere. They are so good, and dangerous at improvising in scrambles.

Even though Kyle lost, and obviously it wasn't his best match, still thought he looked very good and dangerous in his own right.

Agree with Coach J, no doubt the world, and especially the Russians are heavily scouting Kyle and he will have to make some adjustments. I still think Kyle will be just fine and would absolutely love to see him develop and master a killer gut once he scores his takedowns. And I'll certainly be happy to see Nom's idea (in post above) to launch ala Dake whenever possible. (I know, some of this might be easier said than done.)

Still want to see Snyder vs Sadulaev in 2019 World finals!

Edited by 2td3nf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nom said:

I noticed Snyder got behind him in a rear standing position.  I pictured Dake using that to do a huge lift, back and over, ala what he did to his Japanese opponent at World Cup .  Fair to say not a linear increase in difficulty with weight?  Given Snyder’s muscle videos, was thinking it might be an option.  Never really looked like one though. 

It is not a weight thing, it is a technique thing... go watch coon get tossed like a rag doll in the Greco final at Budapest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just watched snyder match... a little surprised they gave 4 for that exposure, but, again... if he had any par terre at all it would it would not be a thing... not even trying for a turn is inexcusable...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Taha Akgul teching the field then loses to Khrizriev in the finals. Again, this finals match is posted on UWW but blocks after clicking on it.

Can't find Akgul's silver medal match on Flo. Would love to see how Khrizriev beats him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Akgul playbook for opponents looks like the Spencer Lee one.  Weather the early storm, don't get teched in the first and wait for him to wear down in the second period.  He's dropped enough of these matches in the last few years and they are usually the same MO.  That said I didn't watch this one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gantry said:

I think the Akgul playbook for opponents looks like the Spencer Lee one.  Weather the early storm, don't get teched in the first and wait for him to wear down in the second period.  He's dropped enough of these matches in the last few years and they are usually the same MO.  That said I didn't watch this one...

Looks like the Akgul final is not posted on Flo yet, unless I just can't find it. Really hope Flo can post this match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Akgul lost because he kept getting exposed off his own shots. He seems to have fallen off pretty badly. Magomedov has to be the worst wrestler to ever beat Snyder. Wow, I can't believe that. Even Goleij destroyed Magomedov, he is really bad. Snyder will have a tough time at 97 going forward. Gold was already out of the question once Sadulaev adjusted to the weight but this loss plus his performance at worlds (did not look great on the easy side of the bracket) makes me think he may struggle to even medal. Fortunately for Snyder the field at worlds is weak outside of Sadulaev. 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Akgul lost because he kept getting exposed off his own shots. He seems to have fallen off pretty badly. Magomedov has to be the worst wrestler to ever beat Snyder. Wow, I can't believe that. Even Goleij destroyed Magomedov, he is really bad. Snyder will have a tough time at 97 going forward. Gold was already out of the question once Sadulaev adjusted to the weight but this loss plus his performance at worlds (did not look great on the easy side of the bracket) makes me think he may struggle to even medal. Fortunately for Snyder the field at worlds is weak outside of Sadulaev. 

Magomedov was a Yarygin silver medalist in 2017 and 2018. He couldn't be that bad. BTW, wonder who he lost to?

These are elite world class wrestlers. Anything can happen.

(Also just for fun, loved your predictions and scouting report of David Taylor when he bumped up to 86kg.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Magomedov was a Yarygin silver medalist in 2017 and 2018. He couldn't be that bad. BTW, wonder who he lost to?

These are elite world class wrestlers. Anything can happen.

(Also just for fun, loved your predictions and scouting report of David Taylor when he bumped up to 86kg.)

2td3nf, He's a joke. If he makes a thousand ridiculous predictions, one of them is bound to come true and we might never hear the end of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the last time that Oliver actually made 65KG? And on consecutive days?  He didn't make it for the recent AWL event, which gave big allowances.  (And I suspect Zain would have agreed to wrestle even if Oliver was way over that weight.)   He didn't wrestle at 70 KG at Schulz this weekend despite his own hype (weight issues .  . .?).  And there are now new weigh-in rules for international events.   

Metabolism slows as you age and is really disrupted by yo-yo-ing weight gains and losses.

I think there are reasonable odds that Oliver never wrestles at 65 KG again.   Molinaro may have real trouble getting there, too.  And so would Pico.   I'm sure Zain has trouble with the weight as well but took off a long span of wrestling apparently to descend slowly. 149 to 143 is a significant cut for a man's body. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Magomedov was a Yarygin silver medalist in 2017 and 2018. He couldn't be that bad. BTW, wonder who he lost to?

These are elite world class wrestlers. Anything can happen.

(Also just for fun, loved your predictions and scouting report of David Taylor when he bumped up to 86kg.)

 

Lol stop messing around. Iran even sent a guy who doesn't wrestle FS  ( he wrestles a traditional Iranian style) to the 2017 Yarygin at 97 and he got a bronze despite it being his first international tournament ever.  The field was horrible that year.  Next year Magomedov fluked out and was on the opposite side to Baitsaev and Snyder so he got another silver. Trust me Magomedov is far from an elite world class wrestler. I will never forget how bad he was at U23 worlds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I'm whining a little bit here, but still not happy that all Yariguin match videos are posted on the UWW site but the American fans get blocked. Why?

There's a bunch of matches on Flo but not all of them. Why can't I watch the 125kg final? It's right there on the UWW site.   :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

I know I'm whining a little bit here, but still not happy that all Yariguin match videos are posted on the UWW site but the American fans get blocked. Why?

There's a bunch of matches on Flo but not all of them. Why can't I watch the 125kg final? It's right there on the UWW site.   :(

It's very hard to be a wrestling fan in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle is one of the greatest I've ever seen.  What has happened to Kyle is what we felt like The USSR age Russian wrestlers were trying to do to Gable.  When we used to say, they searched all of Russia, we were talking about the dozen or so time zones they were capable of drawing athletes from.  They were equally as capable of producing several medalists at each weight,  They were plenty feared back in the day of the Big Red Machine. I'm impressed that the Yarygin may even be tougher than tbilisi tournament.  I do know that back in the 70's and 80's I read several times that people thought  it was tougher than the Worlds, because there was more than one Russian per weight.  You know, back in the day when Schultz won his silver medal  as a high schooler.  Kudos to them for winning this round of the chess match.  Seems odd to me that we have the Dave Schultz the same week-end.  Dave wouldn't have wanted that imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×