2td3nf

Yarygin 2019

4 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6329385-brackets-released-for-2019-yariguin

Yay... Joe Colon and Cory Clark, 2 guys not only from the same country but also from the same state get to travel to the other side of the world to wrestle each other in the first round....

Was going to comment on this.  Good chance one of them is one and done.  I know the whole random draw thing, but couldn't FILA separate countrymen in such a diverse field when possible?

11 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Was going to comment on this.  Good chance one of them is one and done.  I know the whole random draw thing, but couldn't FILA separate countrymen in such a diverse field when possible?

That would require common sense.. and you know FILA.. theyre so chock full of it....

common sense that is..........................

8 minutes ago, PSUMike said:

The entire world and even the man has spelled it Yarygin since 1948. Why is Flo pushing Yariguin on us?

Stop trying to make fetch happen, Gretchen. 

Not really- the man himself likely spelled it Иван Сергеевич Ярыгин.

UWW Tournament link

Edited by gimpeltf

5 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Mat A and C seem to be working now. looks like Russians pigtails going first. But ya the stands are far from packed to start the day.

There are more people at the bar I just left than the stands 27 minutes after starting time. 

The usual suspects will come on here and explain why it's not Flo's fault and it actually lies with the arena or some stuff but frankly we aren't paying for the stream from the arena. If Flo can't guarantee the quality they shouldn't purchase the rights and advertise the event as being broadcast on Flo. If you market on it then you are responsible for it. At this point it's ridiculous but doesn't matter because we have no other options! Ah, the life of a wrestling fan.

3 hours ago, PSUMike said:

The entire world and even the man has spelled it Yarygin since 1948. Why is Flo pushing Yariguin on us?

the man spelled it in the Russian-Cyrillic alphabet and but Ivan's widow seems to prefer 'Yariguin' when using the Roman alphabet. I personally think Yarygin looks cooler but it's not really my place to say. Flo is just doing what the Russians/UWW would like us to do. 

the richards match may have been one of the worst managed matches i've ever seen, tossed for 4 to lose with a 4 point lead in last few seconds

up 7-3 with 20 seconds left why didn't he give up the out of bounds and give the point up vs fight it? you could hear the coach telling richards to score another point to go up 8-3 at the end and he should of been playing defense

russians taking it to usa ....gilman, green schooled and chamberlin likewise. chamberlin did beat the china man who impressed vs metcalf

unpopular not so wild opinion  - green and gilman are at best fringe bronze medal candidates in worlds, the trend is downward with green and gilman is proving to be a notch below when faced with non watered down tournaments. i don't expect medals at those weights at worlds. amazing how easily the russian got to gilmans legs 

Edited by alliseeisgold

3 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

russians taking it to usa ....gilman, green schooled and chamberlin likewise. chamberlin did beat the china man who impressed vs metcalf

unpopular not so wild opinion  - green and gilman are at best fringe bronze medal candidates in worlds, the trend is downward with green and gilman is proving to be a notch below when faced with non watered down tournaments. i don't expect medals at those weights at worlds. amazing how easily the russian got to gilmans legs 

Can't argue much of this.  At some weights, certain guys just seem to be reliant on the perfect draw to medal.  Exactly why consistent performers like Snyder and Burroughs are so rare.  The off the charts skill needed to contend at this level is sometimes hard to comprehend or appreciate.

9 hours ago, PSUMike said:

6 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

the man spelled it in the Russian-Cyrillic alphabet and but Ivan's widow seems to prefer 'Yariguin' when using the Roman alphabet. I personally think Yarygin looks cooler but it's not really my place to say. Flo is just doing what the Russians/UWW would like us to do. 

I just sent a note to Flo on this before I got on here and saw this thread.....I'm not so sure in the 70's/80's without going back and looking at World Cup programs...(I was at 17 of them), that it wasn't at one time, spelled Yarigan!!!!  But I'll buy Yarygin, before I buy Yariquin…..I was that a couple of days ago, and my first reaction was "THAT'S NOT HOW YOU SPELL IT".....lol    Fadz

1 minute ago, fadzaev2 said:

I just sent a note to Flo on this before I got on here and saw this thread.....I'm not so sure in the 70's/80's without going back and looking at World Cup programs...(I was at 17 of them), that it wasn't at one time, spelled Yarigan!!!!  But I'll buy Yarygin, before I buy Yariquin…..I was that a couple of days ago, and my first reaction was "THAT'S NOT HOW YOU SPELL IT".....lol    Fadz

I just looked on WWC, and I see they are spelling it that way as well......I give up....LOL    Fadz