Sign in to follow this  
Idaho

Wrestle-Off Results

21 hours ago, Gantry said:

Yeah I'd redshirt him as well, especially since he can't be that big for heavy.  Myers has starting experience and qualified for nationals, may not be a world beater but is solid enough. 

Absolutely. Needs to bulk up.

17 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Hunter Bolen is at 197?! 

Mitch Moore winning is a good thing, but I was hoping he would be more dominant. I see him taking some lumps and then we will really get to see how good he is at the end of the season (assuming he doesn't red shirt, but rumor is he isn't)

Prata was really good in high school, but he has wrestled a couple of college matches total due to injury. Either he has really improved or VT is in trouble at 125. I had high hopes for Norstrem. Hope this is just an early season/familiarity thing.

Yeah Bolen looked big but I think the plan is for him to redshirt and take over at 184 next year.  Although if he keeps growing who knows.

I think we see Mitch Moore in the lineup from the start.  His brother is injured and word is he's out for the season.  Hopefully he can get the year back since he's already used a redshirt.  But either way, the Moore's should be manning 141 and 149 next year.  Kinda sucks for Latona.  He definitely took one for the team his true freshman year but the Myers transfer makes him the odd man out.

Word is that Prata was even with Norstrem last year before the injury so I'm not sure how that situation will play out.  Norstrem is in the open division at the Hokie Open and Prata is in the freshman/sophomore division.

1 hour ago, HokieFan said:

Yeah Bolen looked big but I think the plan is for him to redshirt and take over at 184 next year.  Although if he keeps growing who knows.

I think we see Mitch Moore in the lineup from the start.  His brother is injured and word is he's out for the season.  Hopefully he can get the year back since he's already used a redshirt.  But either way, the Moore's should be manning 141 and 149 next year.  Kinda sucks for Latona.  He definitely took one for the team his true freshman year but the Myers transfer makes him the odd man out.

Word is that Prata was even with Norstrem last year before the injury so I'm not sure how that situation will play out.  Norstrem is in the open division at the Hokie Open and Prata is in the freshman/sophomore division.

Thank you. this is really helpful. 

I guess the Mitch Moore decision makes sense. Assuming his brother is actually out for the season (as has been mentioned all over the place for the last couple of months) ,their best chance at a medical is making sure he doesn't wrestle any matches and that is the expectation all year long. Sucks for Mitch. He is damn good, but he is very unlikely to AA this year and I was hoping he could use is as a development year. I'm sure he will end up on the podium at some point. 

I had no idea Prata was even with Norstrem last year. Good to know. I assumed Norstrem was the starter.

36 minutes ago, Soonerfan said:

Any big wrestle offs left to pay attention to?

depends on your definition of "big," but Lehigh's is tonight.  The biggest news on that is number of guys who *aren't* wrestling tonight, due to injuries.

6 hours ago, Soonerfan said:

Any big wrestle offs left to pay attention to?

ASU has theirs Friday night November 2nd. The biggest one will be Courtney vs Milhoff at 125. Maruca vs Demison could be fun. 165 is up for grabs with Valencia out. Kramer vs 125 loser could be one down the road at 133.

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Iowa day one wrestle offs are over.  Murin 3-1 over Happel, Desanto 6-3 over Stickley, Young 12-5 over Moody and Cass 2-0 over Costello were the most interesting. 

• 197 -- Connor Corbin dec. Cade Brownlee, 3-2
  • 141 -- Justin Stickley tech. fall Cam Shaver, 20-2
  • 157 -- Danny Murphy dec. Keegan Shaw, 2-1
  • 157 -- Jeremiah Moody dec. Joe Kelly, 6-2
  • 157 -- Kaleb Young tech. fall Preston Stephenson, 19-4
  • 125 -- Spencer Lee tech. fall Perez Perez, 16-1
  • 133 -- Austin DeSanto dec. Paul Glynn, 5-3
  • 141 -- Max Murin dec. Carter Happel, 3-1
  • 149 -- Pat Lugo major dec. Zach Axmear, 14-3
  • 165 -- Nelson Brands tech. fall Tristan McDonald, 28-12
  • 285 -- Tony Cassioppi dec. Aaron Costello, 2-0
  • 197 -- Myles Wilson tech. fall Cade Brownlee, 15-0
  • 157 -- Jeren Glosser dec. Danny Murphy, 10-5
  • 157 -- Kaleb Young major dec. Jeremiah Moody, 12-4

2 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

ASU has theirs Friday night November 2nd. The biggest one will be Courtney vs Milhoff at 125. Maruca vs Demison could be fun. 165 is up for grabs with Valencia out. Kramer vs 125 loser could be one down the road at 133.

What happened to Valencia? BTW -

streamed via Facebook Live (www.Facebook.com/SunDevilWrestling)

Nebraska was last night

1. (133a.): Brian Peska dec. Tucker Sjomeling, 6-5.
  2. (133b.): Christian Miller dec. Jevon Parrish, 7-0.
  3. (141a.): Alex Thomsen tb-1 Aris Shino, 5-3.
  4. (141b.): Chad Red Jr. dec. Kyle Ruettiger, 6-1.
  5. (149): Jordan Shearer dec. Collin Purinton, 10-4
  6. (157): Tyler Berger major dec. Peyton Robb, 15-1
  7. (165): Johnny Blankenship tb-2 Dalton Peters, 2-1
  8. (174): Mikey Labriola major dec. Cade Svoboda, 15-4
  9. (197): Eric Schultz tech. fall Anthony Gaona, 26-10
  10. (285): Christian Lance RT Patrick Grayson, 3-3.
  11. (133 Final) Christian Miller dec. Brian Peska, 3-1

New starters at 133 and 149

On 10/31/2018 at 5:54 PM, aknipp said:

No J Rent at 133?   Shocking.  Maybe he can make 157

You are wrong.  If he is red shirting, I bet he is closer to 165 than 157.

3 hours ago, southend said:

Looking for Minnesota Rodents wrestle offs, any word? This is a team that might surprise several teams at Pittsburg.

They don't do wrestle offs per se.  The coaches get an idea from practice and then the early opens like the Daktronics help settle lineup questions.

165 and 197 seem like the biggest questions, at least in my mind.

3 hours ago, southend said:

Looking for Minnesota Rodents wrestle offs, any word? This is a team that might surprise several teams at Pittsburg.

If they surprise teams in Pittsburg... they'll be in the wrong city.

Pittsburg is not where I'll be for the 2019 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships.  And I've got lower-bowl tickets in the middle of the arena.  Section 112 Row L

212642_AEG_BasketballSetup-e03e8bdd28.jp