Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Worlds Should be in the USA

for mooney for a business yes usa is good maybe #1 maybe. But for fans around the world USA is too bad....no good place. we saw what the US government is doing. They deprived Iran and Russia of participation in the World Cup. Why do we need such problems? inadequate consulate may deprive the visa of the best fighters in the world. Why do we need a boring world chmap's without the best wrestlers where again the Americans without strong opponents will win? The best place for the World cham's is Hungary, Azerbaijan or Russia. No visa problems, no fake brackets and refs. 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

36 minutes ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

90% good countrues from Euro/Asia. UWW based inEurope too. Time zone is very bad for us. let the United States will suffer from the time zone than the remaining 99% of countries. It is logical + after the 2015 World champ's there is a doubt injustice. The American championship of the world was very easy for Americans; they were helped in bracket, refs  etc. I think Worlds should be in Asia. Iran, Kazakhstan, Aze, maybe even in Mongolia or China not USA. Astana 2019, then 2021 in South America, maybe Japan. Then Europe, Slovakia or Poland. No usa. USA did in 2015. Thats enough. Maybe in 10 years maybe 

You ignored the economic power of the US. Building a fan base in the US will positively impact the rest of the world

also your claims about corruption in the US worlds is ridiculous, especially coming from someone who supports the Russian team, a team that represents a country who ran a doping process for their athletes for years and has been known as the most corrupt nation within wrestling for decades. 

Just now, Housebuye said:

You ignored the economic power of the US. Building a fan base in the US will positively impact the rest of the world

also your claims about corruption in the US worlds is ridiculous, especially coming from someone who supports the Russian team, a team that represents a country who ran a doping process for their athletes for years and has been known as the most corrupt nation within wrestling for decades. 

i represtc USA. powerfu country yes. About doping, doping no more. No one got caught by wada in wrestling. 2015 Russia win, 2016 win, 2017 2nd, 2018 win again! But it's time watch wresltin in othe country! JAPAN! They checked more Russian wrestlers since 2015. But Russia all wins exactly. Why so? is it some kind of mystic? even easy brackets and refs could not helped americans win worlds! This is magic! Nothing can stop Russia in wrestling. Total domination for over 50 years. USA is very cool yes! There are many good wrestlers, but it is not enough that we would call the USA the best wrestling country in the history of this sport. Turkey yes! Iran yes! Russia yes! USA is cool in folkstyle yes! We started used PEDs since 1956 and present! #1 reason our success. It does not matter the technique, then they get up at 6 in the morning, train hard, hard work, no matter about  best sparring opponents, coaches, camps etc. It matters nothing. You can just use doping and be the best! am i right? ur logic my friend. 

1 minute ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

i represtc USA. powerfu country yes. About doping, doping no more. No one got caught by wada in wrestling. 2015 Russia win, 2016 win, 2017 2nd, 2018 win again! But it's time watch wresltin in othe country! JAPAN! They checked more Russian wrestlers since 2015. But Russia all wins exactly. Why so? is it some kind of mystic? even easy brackets and refs could not helped americans win worlds! This is magic! Nothing can stop Russia in wrestling. Total domination for over 50 years. USA is very cool yes! There are many good wrestlers, but it is not enough that we would call the USA the best wrestling country in the history of this sport. Turkey yes! Iran yes! Russia yes! USA is cool in folkstyle yes! We started used PEDs since 1956 and present! #1 reason our success. It does not matter the technique, then they get up at 6 in the morning, train hard, hard work, no matter about  best sparring opponents, coaches, camps etc. It matters nothing. You can just use doping and be the best! am i right? ur logic my friend. 

Nope you misunderstood. 

Russia is absolutely the best wrestling country with or without cheating. 

However still cheats. They intimidate refs, pay them off, and yes they absolutely dope. You think wrestling was magically not part of the doping scandal? Knowing russia changed smokes mean every russian athlete is suspected to have doped. For no wrestlers to have done it is naive. You said the US wrestling was corrupt and I was responding to that. 

Just now, Housebuye said:

Nope you misunderstood. 

Russia is absolutely the best wrestling country with or without cheating. 

However still cheats. They intimidate refs, pay them off, and yes they absolutely dope. You think wrestling was magically not part of the doping scandal? Knowing russia changed smokes mean every russian athlete is suspected to have doped. For no wrestlers to have done it is naive. You said the US wrestling was corrupt and I was responding to that. 

2015 yes very..... veeery! easy brackets for americans.....  let's end our argument about it. I have my own opinion. you watch the media yourself and believe everything yes. I do not look to happiness. You have your truth live with it. But the fact is a fact, Sadulaev pinned your best folkstyle in thus sport guy for 10 seconds! yeaaaaaaaah :3 

3 minutes ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

2015 yes very..... veeery! easy brackets for americans.....  let's end our argument about it. I have my own opinion. you watch the media yourself and believe everything yes. I do not look to happiness. You have your truth live with it. But the fact is a fact, Sadulaev pinned your best folkstyle in thus sport guy for 10 seconds! yeaaaaaaaah :3 

What does Sadulaev pinning Snyder have to do with anything? Yes it happened. Amazing performance by Sadulaev. Snyder also wasn’t the best folkstyler but that also isn’t relevant. 

Your claims have no basis in fact. Calling US wrestling corrupt and ignoring Russian wrestling’s proven corruption is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

What does Sadulaev pinning Snyder have to do with anything? Yes it happened. Amazing performance by Sadulaev. Snyder also wasn’t the best folkstyler but that also isn’t relevant. 

Your claims have no basis in fact. Calling US wrestling corrupt and ignoring Russian wrestling’s proven corruption is ridiculous. 

come oooon! i just provoke u! i love this forum! i repsect all of this. about bracket it was yes. I love a little troll on the topic of doping. This is my favorite theme. But I'm a fan of Greco-Roman wrestling and here i just . I share information about the Russian wrestling with you. I love to talk about wrestling around the world. It unites us. I have no facts. You have, you wacthed Netflex and now you have a big argument. You won. ahhahah

32 minutes ago, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

come oooon! i just provoke u! i love this forum! i repsect all of this. about bracket it was yes. I love a little troll on the topic of doping. This is my favorite theme. But I'm a fan of Greco-Roman wrestling and here i just . I share information about the Russian wrestling with you. I love to talk about wrestling around the world. It unites us. I have no facts. You have, you wacthed Netflex and now you have a big argument. You won. ahhahah

Well you do a good job at provoking me.

Thanks for your contributions. I learn a lot from them. 

Sadulaev would lose to Jden Cox. 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, JasonBryant said:

It's also much costlier for countries to come to the U.S. (flights alone are basically starting at 1K just to cross the pond), whereas flights in and around Europe are seriously cheap by comparison

This is important to remember. 

The United States is huge so every other team has to fly a long ways to get to the event if it is in the United States and that is costly.  

A flight from NYC to Vegas is 5.5 hours.  For Budapest, the majority of the teams traveling to the event had shorter trips than that.

It also doesn't help that Vegas is a great location for bidding but a poor location for local fans.  The desert makes it an island but there are few cities in the United States that offers the incentives to attract events like Vegas comes up with for events. 

Budapest is easy for many fan bases to hop on a train or a short cheap regional flight and get to the event.  

From a world standpoint, for UWW member nations, I don't think the United States is the best venue.  

Edited by Pinnum

2 hours ago, Pinnum said:

This I think it important.

The United States is huge so every other team has to fly a long ways to get to the event if it is in the United States and that is costly.  

A flight from NYC to Vegas is 5.5 hours.  For Budapest, the majority of the teams traveling to the event had shorter trips than that.

It also doesn't help that Vegas is a great location for bidding but a poor location for local fans.  The desert makes it an island.  Budapest is easy for many fan bases to hop on a train or a short cheap regional flight and get to the event.  

From a world standpoint, for UWW member nations, I don't think the United States is the best venue.  

If they do it in the right location, this will more than pay off for UWW, for inddovdidual wrestlers, and countries. They have to make sure to build a following within the American market though

it is doable. We have a ton of college fans. They have a great product. They need some expert marketers and they can get it done. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

If they do it in the right location, this will more than pay off for UWW, for inddovdidual wrestlers, and countries. They have to make sure to build a following within the American market though

it is doable. We have a ton of college fans. They have a great product. They need some expert marketers and they can get it done. 

Where do you think it will draw a lot of fans for a week straight while being able to have high ticket prices or a very generous government subsidy to host?

On 11/2/2018 at 9:28 AM, Housebuye said:

UWW is missing out on capturing a bigger chunk of the US market. If the sport can continue to grow here, especially in freestyle, UWW, the fans, and athletes from around the world will benefit. We have an incredibly powerful economy and a strong culture of supporting sports. Combine that with an America vs the world pitch and wrestling can explode. 

The US has the most amount of support and we are the best we’ve ever been. Now is the time for UWW to capitalize. If we can get more American money flowing into the sport it will help every country’s athletes. A guy like Sadulaev would be hugely popular. Look at how infamous/famous Khabib is! For a guy like Bonne, it could be life changing to have some American support too. He could do clinics here, all star matches, etc. 

LA Olympics is too far away. Maybe 2021 or 2022 in an accessible US city with a strong fan base would be great. It should’ve been 2019, but it’s too late for that. 

UWW has a great chance to grow the sport right now in the biggest market in the world. It’s time to act. 

Sure, as long as you don't stick the tournament in the middle of no where like Iowa City or Lincoln.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:35 AM, Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin said:

Americans make amazing events yes. I was happy watch world cup in LA, Vegas, big arena, many fans. Jason's voice etc! all of this is amazing looked! But it's time open wrestling in new countries. Japan! Korea! Kazakhstan and Argentina, maybe U.K? 

I am starting to think this is a Borat impersonation.

Hyperloop or super vacuum train would be cheaper and faster. If they can connect via Bering Sea or northern Atlantic countries then we could draw the crowds from anywhere. But that’s in far future. Hey, China is starting theirs up already, so.. if it can hit over 700 mph, then it is possible.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:37 AM, Housebuye said:

Sadulaev would lose to Jden Cox. 

I said it before worlds,  Cox can beat ANYONE IN THE WORLD when he decides to wrestle..... 
Wouldn't be surprised if he goes up and takes out Snyderman, rather than stay down and have to deal with super-shape DT.