Sign in to follow this  
KSchlosser

Dennis Hall to Ohio RTC

http://fivepointmove.com/usa-greco/hall-tackling-coaching-role-ohio-rtc/

While I still miss Lou Rosselli in Columbus, I have no complaints about Tervel Dlagnev.

I am very excited to see Dennis Hall coaching with the Ohio RTC.

Reading the article I am excited for the guys that want to train Greco while at Ohio State/Ohio RTC, USA Greco, and the younger kids in Ohio that want to train greco. At the same time I am eager to see what his impact does for the freestyle and collegiate wrestlers as they integrate some of his training and technique into what they do. I think the addition of Hall to the staff adds to the potential and production of all levels, styles, and athletes at Ohio State, in Columbus, and across Ohio. 

With Ohio State competing with the best in college, the Ohio RTC complimenting folk with freestyle and greco while in school and after, the only thing left is to add/address the women. If the school is not ready to make the commitment, there is nothing stopping the RTC from taking care of ALL of our Olympic wrestlers. Props to the HWC for what they are doing in Iowa in this regard. 

Edited by KSchlosser

2 hours ago, Ching said:

This is very cool. I'm curious what tOSU and NLWC get out of having greco guys in the room and paying a coach?

Not on the inside of this, but as a fan, why not? It can only help having some upper body expertise. Lock up and throw some guys for big points and pins.

Why does folkstyle and freestyle always have to be leg attacks? Look what Dake did to Gadzhimagomedov in World semis. Threw around and dominated the #1 seed and 3x Yarygin champ. IMO, one of the best matches of the whole World tournament.

Another example but in folkstyle - how about Gadson's upper body throw and pin of Snyder in NCAA finals? Gorgeous, clutch move.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, Ching said:

This is very cool. I'm curious what tOSU and NLWC get out of having greco guys in the room and paying a coach?

Can’t hurt. Also I imagine the freestyle par terre offense might improve. For as good as Ohio State is at freestyle, their turns aren’t the best. They aren’t bad, but there are a few clubs with better par terre offense in the US I think 

I get that the greco guys can have a positive impact cross training with free, but is it really worth paying for coaches and athletes for that service? No idea what the financials are, but it Ohio RTC could support one or two more freestyle athletes, wouldn't that be more beneficial to their mission?

Trust me, I'm not complaining and would love for all the RTCs to fully embrace both styles. I just don't see how the donors to tOSU are getting a return by adding greco coaches and athletes.

BTW: if greco cross training was super effective, MN would have the best freestyle team in the country.

You’re making an assumption that there’s a lot of crossover between Storm athletes in both styles when there isn’t. They don’t practice at the same times and split practice times between a few different facilities.

I have been in training camps ran by Dennis as well as rooming with him overseas.  This guy is seriously an incredible coach.  Not just greco, but his mindset as a competitor, as well as his knowledge of how to prepare physically, mentally, and technically.  He is a guy who can just walk in the room and the intensity and focus go way up.  Huge score for those guys.