Sign in to follow this  

The “draft” is tomorrow night and the event is at the end of the month in Cedar Rapids (20 minutes north of Iowa City). Looks like we will get to see JO vs Zain based on Twitter. Not sure what other match ups there are but I heard Nico vs Clark was expected to be on the card. 

Not sure I expect this to be a “league” but if the matchups are good I will make the trip.

Is this freestyle or folkstyle, or hybrid rules?

Kamal Bey and Robby Smith are potential draft picks.  (Wonder if Kamal ever trains with Dake in Greco? Bet Dake could help polish Kamal.) 

14 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

The “draft” is tomorrow night and the event is at the end of the month in Cedar Rapids (20 minutes north of Iowa City). Looks like we will get to see JO vs Zain based on Twitter. Not sure what other match ups there are but I heard Nico vs Clark was expected to be on the card. 

Not sure I expect this to be a “league” but if the matchups are good I will make the trip.

Zain isn't listed:

57 kg
Zach Sanders 
Alan Waters 
Darian Cruz 
Eddie Klimara 
Frank Perrelli
Joe DeAngelo
Johnni Dijulius
Thomas Gilman
Zane Richards
Daniel Deshazer

61 kg
Brandon Wright
Bryce Meredith
Cory Clark
Joey Lazor
Nico Megaludis
Shelton Mack
Tony Ramos
A.J. Schopp

65 kg
Andy Simmons 
Dean Heil  
Destin McCauley 
Evan Henderson
Jordan Oliver
Josh Kindig
Nick Dardanes 
Nick Simmons 

70 kg
Anthony Collica
Brandon Sorensen
Dylan Palacio
Kevin Jack
Lavion Mayes
Richie Lewis 
Frank Molinaro

74 kg
Kamal Bey
Dan Vallimont
Isaiah Martinez 
Joey LaVallee
Nick Becker
Tommy Gantt

79 kg
Alex Dieringer 
Nate Jackson
Josh Asper
Kyle Dake: CAPTAIN

86 kg
Pat Downey
Brett Pfarr
Kenny Courts 
Nick Heflin
Sammy Brooks
David Taylor: CAPTAIN

92 kg
Ben Provisor
Deron Winn
Hayden Zillmer
Mike Macchiavello
Timmy McCall

97 kg
Blaize Cabell
Jacob Kasper
Kyven Gadson
Micah Burak
Ty Walz  
Wynn Michalak 
Josh Manu

125 kg
Ben Durbin
Ceron Francisco
Dom Bradley
Bobby Telford
Robby Smith

For some reason I am watching this draft while football is on the TV. Shout out to Wayne Boyd who somehow made a bunch of money while seeming bat**** crazy. These matchups seem pre setup but whatever it’s fine to have on in the background. With Iowa’s loss today in football I will be there in Cedar Rapids on Friday because the matchups will be good even if it never turns into a “league”.

Well I hope this works, I know that it was like thirteen or fourteen years or so that they had a wrestling league ( Real Pro Wrestling ), and I watched it on television, but I think it fizzled out pretty quick. There is an article on InterMat authored by Mark Palmer that gives a good in depth description of that venture. 

If I had any computer skills I would be able to post the link to that article, but alas, my efforts failed. I guess if you're that curious you'll have to look it up yourself, or perhaps someone can find it and copy and paste the link on this thread. 

6 hours ago, de4856 said:

Well I hope this works, I know that it was like thirteen or fourteen years or so that they had a wrestling league ( Real Pro Wrestling ), and I watched it on television, but I think it fizzled out pretty quick. There is an article on InterMat authored by Mark Palmer that gives a good in depth description of that venture. 

If I had any computer skills I would be able to post the link to that article, but alas, my efforts failed. I guess if you're that curious you'll have to look it up yourself, or perhaps someone can find it and copy and paste the link on this thread. 

https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/13510

good article. Thanks

On 11/4/2018 at 3:12 PM, BobDole said:

If you do a Google search on RPW's founder Toby Willis....you will not like him.

Are they the same person, or is this just a coincidence of same names? I can't find much to connect the names together, and I'm starting to feel the need to take a shower after getting through a few articles.

Well, with the 2019 WTT's in mind, I very much want to see Zain train vs J.O. Additionally, I am very curious about Branden Sorenson, I hope to see him do well and I believe he may become a factor at this year's upcoming WTT's. 

I liked seeing a few d-2 guys get some recognition.  Every time there is a good d3 or d2 wrestles we get a few who bring up how the d2/3 champs should be allowed in the d1 championships.  This could be the perfect opportunity to showcase some of the other divisions talents.  Thoughts?

Hoping the AWL guys read this forum....

Suggestion for you....consider your audience.  We don't want a ton of pomp and circumstance.  Don't turn it into a WWE type production.  Get right to the wrestling and get some good interviews with the wrestlers -- not all softballs.  

Good luck, hope this endeavor goes well.