Sign in to follow this  

On 11/4/2018 at 4:12 PM, BobDole said:

If you do a Google search on RPW's founder Toby Willis....you will not like him.

how did i not ever hear anything about this?  i mean, besides the fact that i don't really watch much reality tv or anything.  but still..  

5 hours ago, BobDole said:

It should be free, everything should be free.

Definitely not, and I laughed hard at the sarcasm. But maybe a $5/10/25/50/100/250 contribution option would be good the first few go-rounds, and then build from there in the college off-season when many spectators drop off the radar. Be honest about the business model :(

ETA: dolla dolla signs yall

Edited by bnwtwg

9 hours ago, BobDole said:

It should be free, everything should be free.

Nahhh...but a relative nearby who knows the rules to correct an egregious error when a loved one gets screwed by refs who don't know the rules....well that should be free for a good kid.....1-1.

Unfortunately, not all kids have a guy like that in their corner.  

On 11/20/2018 at 9:10 PM, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I got an email from track apologizing for there terrible worlds coverage saying I had access for the rest of the year for free so hopefully this event is included.

That’s not what it said. It said you’d get all the rest of the 2018 UWW events for free.

Well, as we get closer to the initial set of matches, I am actually getting stoked to see these matches and how they unfold. Also I wonder what impact they may have when it comes to the upcoming 2019 WTT. Do we see someone start to stake a claim on a particular weight class? 

I too am starting to get pumped up for this.  Hoping to perhaps get a few folks together to check it out.  Hoping this is a success!  Really hoping the wrestlers put it on the line and make it entertaining.  No shut down stall fests.  Although it being freestyle, it is less likely to occur.

Doesn't sound like too many tickets have been sold from my understanding. I am in Iowa but will not be in attendance tonight but am hoping to stream it while at prior obligations.

I will say the marketing in central Iowa for this event has not been very good. I know they are trying to piggy-back off of the Iowa vs ISU weekend but I have not seen much of anything in Des Moines letting people know about it.

JO/Zain is a premier match-up.  Imar/Ringer is decent....Other bouts not that attractive.

For this to work, need more top name participants and will need people to cross weights....

Dake/Taylor/JB 

Cox/Taylor

Cox/Snyder

Stieber/Zain

Pico/Oliver/Green

Masters series---Metcalf vs Kolat

4 minutes ago, Crash said:

JO/Zain is a premier match-up.  Imar/Ringer is decent....Other bouts not that attractive.

For this to work, need more top name participants and will need people to cross weights....

Dake/Taylor/JB 

Cox/Taylor

Cox/Snyder

Stieber/Zain

Pico/Oliver/Green

Masters series---Metcalf vs Kolat

Metcalf a little less of Master's vintage than Kolat. 12 or so years is a pretty good gap. but like the general way you're going with these match-ups

What kind of weight allowance did these guys get?  I assume there must be one, though I'm not certain. 

And didn't they weight in last night rather than today?  Oliver should weight 170 by the time he hits the mat. 

What kind of weight allowance did these guys get?  I assume there must be one, though I'm not certain. 
And didn't they weight in last night rather than today?  Oliver should weight 170 by the time he hits the mat. 

For 65KG, the allowance was 3KG.

I think most weights were also 3, but not sure for all of them.

Zain weighed in at 68.0. JO weighed in at 68.3. Both were wearing singlets.

I figure a singlet weighs about 0.4lbs so JO was about 0.25lbs over. I’m sure he could have cut a quarter lb in less than 30 minutes if they made him, but they didn’t. They said with the singlet, his weight was “right on the nose”.

I don’t see the 0.3 kg being a factor in this bout, but the day before weigh-in definitely will favor certain wrestlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWL 70

• James Green (Team Dake) won by tech fall over Brandon Sorensen (Team Taylor) (TF 10-0)

AWL 74

• Tommy Gantt (Team Taylor) won by decision over Richie Lewis (Team Dake) (Dec 7-2)

AWL 79

• Alex Dieringer (Team Taylor) won by decision over Isaiah Martinez (Team Dake) (Dec 4-2)

AWL 86

• Sam Brooks (Team Taylor) won by decision over Nick Heflin (Team Dake) (Dec 11-4)

AWL 92

• Mike Macchiavello (Team Taylor) won by decision over Deron Winn (Team Dake) (Dec 8-0)

AWL 97

• Kyven Gadson (Team Taylor) won by decision over Jacob Kasper (Team Dake) (Dec 5-3)

AWL 125

• Dom Bradley (Team Dake) won by decision over Zachery Rey (Team Taylor) (Dec 3-2)

AWL 57

• Nico Megaludis (Team Taylor) won by decision over Frank Perrelli (Team Dake) (Dec 7-2)
Edited by BigTenFanboy

6 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

What about the feature, JO vs Zain? What happened?

13-11 Oliver won.  He got a strange 5 point thrown on the edge and then mostly just ran away (evaded) the last two minutes.