Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Missouri vs. Illinois

#10 Missouri 30, #17 Illinois 8 (Full Results)

125: Colby Smith (MIZ) tech. fall Josh Contreras (ILL): 15-0 | MIZ 5, ILL 0
133: No. 9 John Erneste (MIZ) major dec. Abdullah Assaf (ILL): 13-0 | MIZ 9, ILL 0
141: No. 3 Jaydin Eierman dec. No. 8 Mike Carr (ILL): 12-10 | MIZ 12, ILL 0
149: No. 4 Grant Leeth (MIZ) default Christian Kanzler (ILL): 10-1 | MIZ 18, ILL -1
157: Eric Barone (ILL) dec. Lane Stigall (MIZ): 9-2 | MIZ 18, ILL 2
165: No. 17 Joey Gunther (ILL) dec. No. 14 Connor Flynn (MIZ): 4-1 | MIZ 18, ILL 5
174: No. 4 Daniel Lewis (MIZ) fall Jake DiBenedetto (ILL): 12-2 | MIZ 24, ILL 5
184: No. 2 Emery Parker (ILL) dec. Dylan Wisman (MIZ): 5-3 | MIZ 24, ILL 8
197:  Wyatt Koelling (MIZ) dec. Andre Lee (ILL): 2-1 | MIZ 27, ILL 8
HWT: Zach Elam (MIZ) dec. Deuce Rachal (ILL): 10-4 | MIZ 30, ILL 8

highlights

Eierman vs Carr was amazing. Carr was killing him (9-4) and Eierman came back to win in OT

parker was losing and came back to win 

Elam is out of redshirt

Edited by Housebuye

I think Eierman came out over-confident and thinking he'd role through Carr.  He does that sometimes.  But when he was forced to buckle down and score pts. he took care of business.  No offense to Carr, I thought he wrestled a great match, but I would be surprised if it were this close when/if they wrestle again.

12 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

I think Eierman came out over-confident and thinking he'd role through Carr.  He does that sometimes.  But when he was forced to buckle down and score pts. he took care of business.  No offense to Carr, I thought he wrestled a great match, but I would be surprised if it were this close when/if they wrestle again.

I think it says more about Carr than Eierman. Eierman is a bit wild and is going to have matches like that. He tends to still win those and is at his best when it matters. Carr has an insane number of incredible wins 

1 hour ago, fudge_tunnel said:

Illinois’ 149 was dq’d for 4 “hands-to-face” calls, and I believe the 197 got a call in OT to lose as well

It will be interesting to see how this new rule will affect matches/duals this year 

Honestly if you keep doing it after 3 prior calls from the ref you being pretty careless.  I get it a habit, but man you gotta remember to go to something else when in that situation.  But agree it will be an interesting first half of the season as some guys have to adapt to this.  

Edited by MadMardigain

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

So are the rumors of Montalvo to HWT false?   Really really surprised Mizzou isn't redshirting Elam, they have a solid backup and he can definitely use a year to get bigger

Elam is not necessarily out of his redshirt. Remember new rules let you compete in up to 4 events and still redshirt.

4 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

This isn’t true. Elam has burned his shirt. The rule you are referencing does not apply to wrestling

Thanks - thought a redshirt rule would be applied across the board for all sports.

Many of those names were not the projected starters for Illinois.  Did they think they could beat Mizzou with their JV, or did they realize they had no chance and throw in the towel?  I know many coaches don't seem to think duals matter, and I guess getting your butts' whipped in front of the home football crowd while sitting some starters is strong evidence that Heffernan is one of those coaches.

33 minutes ago, ArmDrag14 said:

So is Austin Myers gone? Sure miss his dad coming around yelling at us from time to time. 

Chris Myers’ yelling = incoherent, unintelligible babbling.  

The best part about his ramblings was he was completely oblivious to his absurd lunacy.   Steroids rot your brains, kids...

2 hours ago, fudge_tunnel said:

Chris Myers’ yelling = incoherent, unintelligible babbling.  

The best part about his ramblings was he was completely oblivious to his absurd lunacy.   Steroids rot your brains, kids...

I miss him. He made this place a lot of fun.

On 11/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, cjc007 said:

Kinda like PD2

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I can’t even remember what he would ramble about. Sad. Obviously the 4 time undefeated state champ thing. But wouldn’t he bring up some win in highschool over the Kent state heavy 

On 11/4/2018 at 7:41 AM, Housebuye said:

I think it says more about Carr than Eierman. Eierman is a bit wild and is going to have matches like that. He tends to still win those and is at his best when it matters. Carr has an insane number of incredible wins 

I have to agree with Housebuye here. I'm a big Mizzou and Eierman fan, but I think Carr is the real deal. I'd still take Eierman in a rematch, but man, if I were an Illinois fan, I'd be pretty pumped about Carr.