Sign in to follow this  
olddirty

Rest in Peace, Ol' Cletus Tucker

I was one of the few members who actually knew Cletus.  Had a few drinks with him following a tournament my sophmore year.  The guy had some serious wrestling knowledge and could always help me scout opponents and come up with game plans, especially at the U.S Open.  Please leave your respects. Perhaps a heartfelt message regarding how impactful he was all these years with spirited style debate and lighthearted banter. His keen eye for wrestling talent and especially his prognostication skills seemingly always spot on.  

He's riding that John Deere in the sky now.

20 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Anyone know his name?  Since he was an old-timer I'm curious if I actually knew him outside the forum.  Would appreciate any info.

His name was Cletus Tucker.  I have met him in person, and talked lots of wrestling with him.  Always had good technique insight even though he was an upper weight.

40 minutes ago, olddirty said:

His name was Cletus Tucker.  I have met him in person, and talked lots of wrestling with him.  Always had good technique insight even though he was an upper weight.

Coach_J:  Cletus is olddirty's alter ego... his alter ego perished when he learned that Iowa was still gonna lose to PSU this year.

On 9/7/2018 at 7:32 PM, Cletus_Tucker said:

Thank you!   

You know, on a board where we get so many wannabe's and "experts", even guys who year after year try and pick the team that will take the champ down with all sorts of justifications and best case scenarios, for what, for some internet site glory?   I get tired of the BS and usually look forward to the failure and predictable egg on face.   I have my opinions and I'm not afraid to post them.  I have my views, yes some times they're feather rufflers, but at the end of the day when you're sitting down and taking in my contributions, I believe the average reader here must (sometimes begrudgingly) say:

Dammit, that ol" Cletus does have a point!   

Look, I'm an old dude.   I'm rounding the old farm for one of the final times now.   It wont be long before one of the Mexican's mounts that old backhoe  we have named Betty Lou and he uncovers a plot of earth where they'll lower me in and celebrate the good I did here.    It's coming sooner than later.      Before that day arrives, I like coming here and stirring it up at time, but mostly enjoying myself with the friends I've made here and those who appreciate my posts.    There's some good guys here.       Many who support that Penn State train.    I just want to see Cael set that record for team titles. I doubt I'll be here another 2 or 3 years, but if through the grace of the old man upstairs he allows me another 10 years, I'm certain I'll pay witness to the new standard.       

A big thanks to all of those who treat me real well on these boards 

Here’s one of his last posts from another thread. Good stuff!

When did he pass? Oh man, this makes me sad. He was a good soul and a great presence on the board. Eagle26 thanks for posting his last post and Olddirty, thanks for letting us know. It’s good of you. I remember reading his note and it was very sad in itself. I was wondering just how soon he meant. I wish I had said something.

Here’s a recent Cletus story many of you probably recall. He posted on these boards that he had a friend close to Iowa who gave him the inside scoop on how he’d wrestle Tomasello and that he’d beat him. This was before the Ohio State dual. He insisted he was right. He got a lot of flak. He stood his ground. He was right. 

When did he pass? Oh man, this makes me sad. He was a good soul and a great presence on the board. Eagle26 thanks for posting his last post and Olddirty, thanks for letting us know. It’s good of you. I remember reading his note and it was very sad in itself. I was wondering just how soon he meant. I wish I had said something.
Here’s a recent Cletus story many of you probably recall. He posted on these boards that he had a friend close to Iowa who gave him the inside scoop on how he’d wrestle Tomasello and that he’d beat him. This was before the Ohio State dual. He insisted he was right. He got a lot of flak. He stood his ground. He was right. 

Is it possible that Cletus Tucker was an online persona?

RIP.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, treep2000 said:

Coach_J:  Cletus is olddirty's alter ego... his alter ego perished when he learned that Iowa was still gonna lose to PSU this year.

I don't know anything about that but ol' Cletus was one of the biggest supporters of Brent Metcalf on these forums. Broke his heart when Brent kept coming up short of world medals. RIP Cletus  

7 hours ago, Coach_J said:

Without a link to an obit I'll just file him with Kentucky Mudflap.  Whatever the case, the persona was colorful and added life to the forums.

If the person behind the handle really died, very sad, RIP. 

I always figured Cletus and Mudflap were one in the same. It seemed like we started hearing way less from Cletus once Mudflap made his return...