Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

Pssstt... Did anyone notice...

10 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

Mason Smith not on the ASU roster. Flow updated rankings today and Smith moveduo a spot and is still listed as Arizona State in the rankings. So in other words, no idea what is going on with him. Second semester wrestler? 

Flo removed him from their rankings this week

i have no idea what’s going on. That would really hurt their podium chances. Long shot, but maybe Maruca can drop?

1 hour ago, iGranby said:

I think Fix could be a problem for Gross - similar to how Tariq Wilson is. 

I for some reason cannot see Suriano being an issue for Gross, but I can see him beating both Fix and Wilson. 

Interesting!

im really unsure. A lot of people can get to Gross’s legs, but finishing on him is a huge problem. Also a freshman on bottom against him is going to be problems. 

I think Suriano’s finishes are going to be a problem for Gross. Suriano also did well (all things considered) vs Spencer Lee and vs Lizak on bottom. I’m not sure if Gross will be able to turn him. 

Fix I think might get turned by Gross. I just don’t know if Fox is amazing on bottom. He very well might be. Fix also doesn’t have the best leg attacks in the world, but this might play to his favor - if you can’t finish cleanly on the leg, Gross will probably stop you at a minimum and has a good shot of getting on top. Fix’s Go behinds could be the difference. I do think Fix doesn’t choose bottom and Gross will choose top (if Gross is losing the takedown battle). 

These matches can go a number of ways. I really hope we get to see Gross vs Fix this month.

i think Micic may pose more problems for Suriano than Gross. That will be a fun one at Big10s. 

I've been saying it for a while that Gross does not repeat and I'm not picking Suriano to be the champ but would not be surprised at all if he is the champion.

Fix to 133 is a better move for OSU as well, he may not win 133 (but he wasn't going to win 125 either) but has a much better shot at AA's at 133 than Picc does and Picc could be top 3 at 125.

7 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Flo removed him from their rankings this week

i have no idea what’s going on. That would really hurt their podium chances. Long shot, but maybe Maruca can drop?

Flo originally had him moved up a spot to #8 when they posted the rankings. He must have been removed today. As for Maruca moving to 141, doubt he could get there. If so, would have moved down last year. 

7 hours ago, iGranby said:

I think Fix could be a problem for Gross - similar to how Tariq Wilson is. 

I for some reason cannot see Suriano being an issue for Gross, but I can see him beating both Fix and Wilson. 

Tariq and Daton are very similar stylistically, yes.   

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

dumb post

you are obviously trying to imply something......no one knows what.

If it's obvious I am implying something, wouldn't you know what it is?  C'mon Hammerlock you are better than this. I am disappointed. 

10 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I struck through the part I regretted. 

But in good faith I have no idea what your post means....but I know it means something. 

alright I will divulge...it's just a confusing attempt on my part at comparing last years pre-season hype and comparisons of Spencer Lee to this years pre-season hype and comparisons of Fix - i.e. Spencer Lee vs Cruz/Tomasello  and Daton Fix vs Gross...it's eerily similar. 

I honestly wish Suriano and Fix would got 125lbs this year.  It's selfish but I want to see Spencer Lee take on the absolute best guys he can to see just how good he is.  I don't see anyone coming remotely close to him at 125lbs this year with Suriano and Fix at 133lbs.  It's kind of like Nolf at 157lbs.  Nobody is really close.

22 hours ago, Housebuye said:

i think Micic may pose more problems for Suriano than Gross. That will be a fun one at Big10s. 

My thought as well. Micic is still the relatively clear #2 here imo until proven otherwise.