Oskar

Mike Mankowich, Former Cornell Wrestler, Could Use a Hand!

I have Cancer.  To be more specific, I have Multiple Myeloma.  It is treatable, but unfortunately, not curable.  I've been selected to participate in a fundraising expedition for the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF).  A team of 15 has been assembled and will trek across the wilds of Patagonia in order to raise funds for MMRF research and heighten awareness of this rare blood disease.  Roughly a third of the participants are current patients, the remainder of the group is comprised of medical personnel, spouses and others indirectly impacted by the disease.  Any donations would be greatly appreciated.  Having been a wrestler for the Big Red about 100 years ago or so gives me the confidence and strength to beat this thing!!  Thanks.

The link for the fundraising page follows:  https://endurance.themmrf.org/2019Patagonia/Mank

Mank

Mike-Torres_1.jpg

Edited by Oskar
Correct grammar!

I have Cancer.  To be more specific, I have Multiple Myeloma.  It is treatable, but unfortunately, not curable.  I've been selected to participate in a fundraising expedition for the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF).  A team of 15 is in the process of being put together to trek across the wilds of Patagonia in order to raise funds for MMRF research and awareness of this rare blood disease.  Roughly a third of the participants will have the disease, the remainder of the group is comprised of medical personnel, spouses and others indirectly impacted by the disease.  Any donations would be greatly appreciated.  Having been a wrestler for the Big Red about 100 years ago or so gives me the confidence and strength to beat this thing.  Thanks.
The link for the fundraising page follows:  https://endurance.themmrf.org/2019Patagonia/Mank
Mank
thumbnail?appId=YahooMailNeo&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2.2

Good luck Mike!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

As far as incurable cancers go, I just happened to get on of the more "popular" ones.  I'm in a clinical trial myself.

Donations would be wonderful guys (and girls).

First "TheMat" donation gets a free commemorative T-shirt (Design in process)!!! 

Edited by Oskar

1 hour ago, Oskar said:

Did I mention that 100% of the funds go to research?  800 views, one donation.  I'm doing something wrong here.  I thought we were all "family?" 

It might have to do with your total post count.

13 hours ago, Oskar said:
13 hours ago, Oskar said:

As far as incurable cancers go, I just happened to get on of the more "popular" ones.  I'm in a clinical trial myself.

Donations would be wonderful guys (and girls).

First "TheMat" donation gets a free commemorative T-shirt (Design in process)!!! 

If you fail to respond, look into CAR-T BCMA (if you haven't already).  A similar strategy has been very successful in a subset of patients with ALL or lymphoma.  Obviously nothing is 100%. 

From one of the articles i posted above:

“Myeloma is the most common blood cancer in adults, and there’s never been a curative therapy, but now there is a subset of patients who look like they’re cured with CAR T cells,” Dr. June, the Richard W. Vague Professor in Immunotherapy and a pioneer in CAR T-cell research at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, said in an interview."

Edited by Billyhoyle

CAR-T is held out for those who have basically used every other available treatment to no avail.  Trust me Billy, I'm reading up on this stuff daily, but thanks for your concern.  BTW. If this is a topic of interest to you, look up AMG 420.  It may supplant CAR-T before it is even approved for widespread use.

Anyone care to donate?

CAR-T is held out for those who have basically used every other available treatment to no avail.  Trust me Billy, I'm reading up on this stuff daily, but thanks for your concern.  BTW. If this is a topic of interest to you, look up AMG 420.  It may supplant CAR-T before it is even approved for widespread use.
Anyone care to donate?
I donated $50. I wish you well on your journey.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Oskar said:

Anyone care to donate?

I'm more optimistic about CAR-T than BITEs (AMG 420 being one) overall given the results in ALL and persistence of the cells, but there's no question that both strategies are promising given that they apply the same concept.

Edited by Billyhoyle

Huge cost differential may favor BITEs.

So Billy, you are "clearly" involved.  I don't think I inspired you to go out and learn all you know.  What's up?

In the meantime, donatio s, please!#