JBluegill133

leg sleeve? tights?

I really didn't want to start a new thread but I couldnt find an appropriate ongoing thread to ask this question.   What is the point of the leg sleeve?  Meredith and bridges wear/wore them, and I'm seeing more guys this year have one.  Is it a style thing?  Does it help with your shot?  Does it give compression to certain points on the leg to help with recovery or circulation? Someone help.

Tights bring back High School wrestling. Small school and few of us had wrestling togs that fit well. Baggy and wrinkly leg "tights" that made things uncomfortable. Looked like hell as well. Then the mid calf shorts. One good yank and they were down to your ankles. Really made for some red faces at times. Add in the horsehair style stuffed mats that would wrinkle and bunch up and really gave some interesting welt patterns as you worked on them and you had a lot of us wanting the newer rubber type mats but the schools not willing to spend the money.

I think the singlets are a much better deal. More consistent and cleaner for wrestling all the way around. Ensolite type mats sure make it better. Just wish more schools paid attention to cleaning/sanitizing during tournaments and even during a break in the action.

All in all, wrestling has never been better.

9 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Tights bring back High School wrestling. Small school and few of us had wrestling togs that fit well. Baggy and wrinkly leg "tights" that made things uncomfortable. Looked like hell as well. Then the mid calf shorts. One good yank and they were down to your ankles. Really made for some red faces at times. Add in the horsehair style stuffed mats that would wrinkle and bunch up and really gave some interesting welt patterns as you worked on them and you had a lot of us wanting the newer rubber type mats but the schools not willing to spend the money.

I think the singlets are a much better deal. More consistent and cleaner for wrestling all the way around. Ensolite type mats sure make it better. Just wish more schools paid attention to cleaning/sanitizing during tournaments and even during a break in the action.

All in all, wrestling has never been better.

Singlets are killing the sport! Compression Ts and fight shorts all the way! Yea!

Its a style thing. They make the full leg sleeve that has a pad on the knee - so it serves the exact same function as a traditional knee pad but is a different look. 

The full leg sleeve without the pad serves the same purpose as your traditional knee sleeve, but again just looks different. 

I think it looks goofy, but Im all for people having their own styles and trying to look cool. 

Edited by iGranby