Sign in to follow this  
Billyhoyle

Another Wrestler in Congress

I happened to run across a tidbit about Max Rose, the new congressman from Staten Island.  Apparently he was the captain of his wrestling team in high school and wrestled .a bit in college for D3 Wesleyan. Like many other wrestlers, Rose went on to the military (he was wounded in Afghanistan) and seems to be a great example of the type of person associated with the sport.  Obviously this is not nearly the connection to the sport that Jim Jordan has, but I'm wondering if there are others in congress (beyond Jim Jordan) with noted connections to wrestling?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Rose_(politician)#cite_note-eagle-4

http://wesleyanargus.com/2018/04/19/max-rose-08-aims-to-unseat-gop-incumbent-in-ny-11/ '

Edited by Billyhoyle

He seems to be very much in the center politically, so I think he can be somebody that neither side dislikes (or these days does that just mean everyone won't like him). 

It's also cool that he comes from such a nontraditional area of wrestling (New York City), but one that has clearly grown over the last number of years thanks to the efforts of many.  

On 11/12/2018 at 7:32 AM, gowrestle said:

Hopefully he works to stem the flow of illegal immigration, cuts down on Medicare fraud, and works to end the Chinese screwing the USA. 

MAGA

Hopefully, he has integrity [which I am sure he does], stands up for the core values of wrestling, and does not act like a snowflake who spreads fear and is afraid of women and children walking from thousands of miles away. As most former wrestlers, I am sure he will do what the right thing.  Most wrestlers do, but as we all know, there are exceptions.