Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Penn State vs Iowa

Sad to see there is no chance of this happening this season. We have seen one or two matches from each guy so far for the most part, where do you think think things would stack up in a dual?

125: Lee by tech over whoever Penn State throws (maybe he is nice to his buddy Teasdale and only majors him if he's in play) 5-0 Iowa

133: RBY by decision over DeSanto. Iowa fans begin to lose their minds (more than they already have) 5-3 Iowa

141: Lee by decision over Murin. Not much to say here, Murin is tough but Lee looks better. 6-5 Penn State

149: Verkleeren by decision over Lugo. I would have given the nod to Lugo before his loss to an unranked wrestler. Give me Verk till Lugo earns it back. 9-5 Penn State

157: Nolf by fall. Young in for a whooping here. 15-5 Penn State

165: Joseph by decision over Marinelli. Could theoretically go either way and the Bull does own the only W between the two. Still gotta favor Joseph here. 18-5 Penn State

174: Hall by decision over Kemmerer. Another potential swing match but gotta favor Hall until Kem shows he can jump 2 weight classes and still be so dominant. 21-5 Penn State

184: Rasheed by decision over Wilcke. Could be a good match but Rasheed just has better partners and coaches his size to roll around with. 24-5 Penn State

197: Nickal by forfeit. If Brands is scared to wrestled a beat up Conel then he's definitely not throwing Warner out there against Nickal, not when they are down by 19. Nickal by fall if Warner decides he's competing that day 30-5 Penn State

285: Stoll by decision over Cassar. Stoll will stall out a W here IMO. He has good heavy hips and will likely employ his patented underhook pushout we have seen the last couple seasons now. Iowa is just a little shy of hitting a double digit score. 30-8 Penn State final.

Anyone think the Hawks can keep it close and respectable? They have a solid lineup this season but Penn State is next level once again this season.

17 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Brands has had multiple opportunities to pay Penn State back for the time Sanderson brought PSU to Iowa City by bring Iowa to State College. Chalk 2018 down as yet one more time Tom Brands did not make it happen. 

Image result for Orange

What dates were offered that Iowa turned down?

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

When you lie about Suriano and pretend you have evidence that Iowa isn't dealing PSU because Brands is afraid, yeah that is rather irksome. 

Just how did I lie about Suriano? By calling him a prima donna? That second part, I liked when Dresser called him out. When PSU went to Iowa non conf., he said he'd return the favor. So when is this supposed to happen? Shoulda happened already. 

Edited by TBar1977

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Just how did I lie about Suriano? By calling him a prima donna? That second part, I liked when Dresser called him out. When PSU went to Iowa non conf., he said he'd return the favor. So when is this supposed to happen? Shoulda happened already. 

What dates did PSU propose that Iowa turned down?

6 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

What dates did PSU propose that Iowa turned down?

2014 - Present And Counting

When they first failed to hit on the Big 10 schedule Cael reached out to Brands via Twitter and they arranged a dual for December 2013 near Christmas. Penn State traveled to Carver Hawkeye with the gentleman's agreement that Iowa would travel East to State College the next time they were not scheduled by the Big10. Brands hasn't reciprocated despite multiple times the two schools have not been scheduled. 

image.jpeg.6d4139019af630ad759c138418cb9325.jpeg

10 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Tbar hit the eject button....

Not really, but I am going to re hit the ignore button. 

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

2014 - Present And Counting

When they first failed to hit on the Big 10 schedule Cael reached out to Brands via Twitter and they arranged a dual for December 2013 near Christmas. Penn State traveled to Carver Hawkeye with the gentleman's agreement that Iowa would travel East to State College the next time they were not scheduled by the Big10. Brands hasn't reciprocated despite multiple times the two schools have not been scheduled. 

image.jpeg.6d4139019af630ad759c138418cb9325.jpeg

Not really, but I am going to re hit the ignore button. 

So your honest read is that now any time they don't wrestle, Cael offered dates and Brands said no?  And additionally that Brands is saying no out of fear?  

I sincerely hope you just love trolling Iowa and don't believe any of that.

15 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

There was no “gentleman’s agreement” to travel out to PSU to reciprocate for coming to Iowa. The reciprocation was by Cael to come to Iowa because Iowa went to Penn State in back to back years. 

1 hour ago, Mpchillin said:

There was no “gentleman’s agreement” to travel out to PSU to reciprocate for coming to Iowa. The reciprocation was by Cael to come to Iowa because Iowa went to Penn State in back to back years. 

That was Brands story because he failed to take into account how every 10 years they change the order of the schedule. Brands mistakenly believed PSU had gotten an extra home date when in fact they had not.

The only extra home dual is the one non conference dual in 2013. The one that remains un reciprocated.

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

So your honest read is that now any time they don't wrestle, Cael offered dates and Brands said no?  And additionally that Brands is saying no out of fear?  

I sincerely hope you just love trolling Iowa and don't believe any of that.

No, my honest read is simply that Brands got a personally negotiated home dual that to date he hasn't reciprocated on, and it sets up nicely for the dresser orange treatment. It got a rise out of a bunch of folks so it can't be too bad a bit. Ha ha.

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

That was Brands story because he failed to take into account how every 10 years they change the order of the schedule. Brands mistakenly believed PSU had gotten an extra home date when in fact they had not.

The only extra home dual is the one non conference dual in 2013. The one that remains un reciprocated.

Why was Penn State unable to make it happen this year? 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

No, my honest read is simply that Brands got a personally negotiated home dual that to date he hasn't reciprocated on, and it sets up nicely for the dresser orange treatment. It got a rise out of a bunch of folks so it can't be too bad a bit. Ha ha.

If it's just an Iowa troll job well done and sorry for spoiling it.  I'll just steer clear of Iowa-PSU no matter how absurd.