Sign in to follow this  
maccky

RBY 133 Rankings

Cael has praised this kid how dynamic and good he is going to be 182-0 high school true freshman how is he not in the top 20 rankings .

There is 3 freshman now in top 20 at 133  Gomez, Phillippi, Fix . It is early and if he doesn't get hurt RBY will be top 10 at 133 soon .

He's not ranked because he has only wrestled one match in college.  The other guys you mentioned are all RSFR so they have been in a college room for a year and competing at opens.  They have a semblance of a resume, at least.  I don't see how you rank a guy who has only wrestled one match.

If RBY is who we think he is then he will be ranked appropriately whenever he has some more matches and wins under his belt.  For now all he has is a dominating win over an unranked guy.

7 minutes ago, klehner said:

Lehigh is missing Scotty Parker, so you likely won't learn a lot more from that match.

Just saw that in the other thread. That stinks. Hopefully he gets back on the mat soon. Not sure who will be at Keystone for RBY. 

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Just saw that in the other thread. That stinks. Hopefully he gets back on the mat soon. Not sure who will be at Keystone for RBY. 

Cornell should send their backup 133, who thrashed RBY this summer in freestyle.

:-)

28 minutes ago, klehner said:

Cornell should send their backup 133, who thrashed RBY this summer in freestyle.

Arujau got him pretty good there. Don't you guys have your own NYS Intercollegiate Tournament? 

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, klehner said:

Well to be fair their starter has beaten DeSanto so it doesn’t necessarily help the RBY vs DeSanto argument.

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Arujau got him pretty good there. Don't you guys have your own NYS Intercollegiate Tournament? 

Just kidding, and yes Cornell is booked Sunday.  Not sure we want to see the third Tucker/Arujau match, though.

11 minutes ago, klehner said:

Just kidding, and yes Cornell is booked Sunday.  Not sure we want to see the third Tucker/Arujau match, though.

third? I thought they only wrestled once and Tucker won 7-5. What happened in the other one? Is there still a chance for Arujau to start? I like Tucker, but Arujau is so much fun to watch and (arguably) has a higher upside 

20 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

third? I thought they only wrestled once and Tucker won 7-5. What happened in the other one? Is there still a chance for Arujau to start? I like Tucker, but Arujau is so much fun to watch and (arguably) has a higher upside 

Last year at the same Bearcat Open, Arujau (representing Finger Lakes) beat Tucker in OT, 3-2 in the semifinals.