Housebuye

Mekhi Lewis will go undefeated until NCAAs

I guess if you want to curse someone, you hyperbolically celebrate them in advance.   At least if you are superstitious.   Perhaps it should be called  "The Mekhi Lewis Rule", although there is great precedent here:  "The Jimmy Guilibon Rule" or "The Chance Marsteller Rule" or  . . . 

Edited by dmm53

3 hours ago, dmm53 said:

I guess if you want to curse someone, you hyperbolically celebrate them in advance.   At least if you are superstitious.   Perhaps it should be called  "The Mekhi Lewis Rule", although there is great preceden here:  "The Jimmy Guilibon Rule" or "The Chance Marsteller Rule" or  . . . 

I have no idea what either of these are. I know the Dean Heil rule but that's about it. 

12 hours ago, PSUMike said:

I have no idea what either of these are. I know the Dean Heil rule but that's about it. 

There is, of course, no "rule".  Mostly was just joking.  Jimmy Guilibon was ranked #1 at the start of the season by FLO, and pretty immediately started taking losses.  Chance M. was celebrated widely coming out of high school and encountered all kinds of problems, not even making the lineup at OK State.  Nothing against either of these guys; just referencing the so-called "curse" of getting lots of attention followed by bad luck, inability to live up to expectations, or over-hype.  Perhaps the most widely known form of it is the "Sports Illustrated Cover Curse" (or jinx):

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/victims-sports-illustrated-cover-jinx-article-1.2574796

Taking a look back here. Obviously this take was a bit off, but I feel like he is a serious dark horse title contender. 

Im guessing he will be seeded 8th. He ended the season 23-2, won ACCs, only losses are to Isaiah White 2-0 (white can do that to anyone on the right day - Lewis needs to get to his shots) and a weird Loss to Flynn. 

I expect he makes the quarters. He will then have Marinelli, Marstellar/Massa and then Cenzo. He is an underdog in all 3, but stylistically he can give Marinelli problems. Marinelli isn’t going to get grinded out. Nobody is going to have higher effort, strength, aggression or cardio. When he loses, it is due to finesse/technique. This is exactly where Mekhi is strong. 

Im predicting a Mekhi upset over Marinelli, Marstellar and Cenzo. I think that style matchup favors Mekhi. I’m concerned about the potential Massa match. 

I also don’t know what I’m talking about and lost a sig bet to Pish6969. 

17 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Taking a look back here. Obviously this take was a bit off, but I feel like he is a serious dark horse title contender. 

Im guessing he will be seeded 8th. He ended the season 23-2, won ACCs, only losses are to Isaiah White 2-0 (white can do that to anyone on the right day - Lewis needs to get to his shots) and a weird Loss to Flynn. 

I expect he makes the quarters. He will then have Marinelli, Marstellar/Massa and then Cenzo. He is an underdog in all 3, but stylistically he can give Marinelli problems. Marinelli isn’t going to get grinded out. Nobody is going to have higher effort, strength, aggression or cardio. When he loses, it is due to finesse/technique. This is exactly where Mekhi is strong. 

Im predicting a Mekhi upset over Marinelli, Marstellar and Cenzo. I think that style matchup favors Mekhi. I’m concerned about the potential Massa match. 

I also don’t know what I’m talking about and lost a sig bet to Pish6969. 

Mehki’s talent is obvious. He excels in nuetral especially on reattacks when he stays out of collar ties. At the ACC he looked a little winded in the 3rd. Hopefully that was a fluke day or a credit to Bullard 

Housebuye, I think he has as good of a shot of running that gauntlet as Glory does of beating Lee (going back to some of our discussion on another topic)

Now....if bracket opens up a little and he doesn't necessarily have to go through that sequence.....well still pretty crazy long shot to win it all.

I'd be real happy to see it happen though. Tech needs to finally get a national champ!  

Edited by KTG119

48 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

That is an absolutely brutal stretch of matches.  I like Mekhi, but I don't see him getting past his quarterfinal matchup.  Marinelli isn't going to let him operate from space.  

Edit--that is, assuming he's the 8.  

Edited by steamboat_charlie v2