Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

"I don't know what the Gavin situation is...."

I have seen Hall and Teasdale hanging out at the Pa States in years past(while Hall was at PSU).  Maybe Teasdale just needs to be humbled a bit.  As someone mentioned above, when you're 160-2, you might not take too kindly to being "taught some lessons" in a college room.  Hopefully, he grows up like most do.  

What Willie said in FRL was very vague - it could mean anything from HEW to that GT couldn't make 125 so he was no longer an option there this year - right now everyone seems to be making wild speculations based on Willie's very non specific comment on FRL - If Willie (or someone else in the know) could elucidate we would all appreciate it. 

Edited by lu1979
to to from

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article221124195.html

According to this Teasdale is RBY’s best friend so he seems to fit in at least with their starting 133.

Also Hall in the video says that Teasdale (and Teske) “have done everything that’s been asked of them.”

that drivel is as meaningless as your avatar

Ussually if it is simply kids catching up we don't see that until college. This kid wrestled Fix close in free and beat Piccinnini in just 2016. I would say he got worse over the next years and that to me points to lifestyle issues or HEW. 

Way to bash the kid. Too bad Teasdale’s wrestling can’t live up to Desanto’s class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I didn't do that. But yeah the three things are equally meaningless. 

I mean I agree about the Hall interview, obviously he’s not going to say anything negative.  But RBY calling him his best friend at least seems like an indication that he’s not some sort of outcast among all of the fun-loving, point-scoring, Jesus-praising crowd at PSU.

Edited by 1032004

No inside knowledge here but my take is that maybe he not hitting the books like he should.

Hope he gets whatever he has going on straightened out because I unlike many here and on other boards, still believe he’s a super talent and I’ll stand by that until proven otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Yeah sure....but being RBY's best friend doesn't mean the whole coaching staff doesn't hate him. 

I'll put it this way, despite the fact that your motivation was obviously way better....your rush to defend Teasedale was no more logical than those who were condemning him for no reason.

I’m confused, are you saying the whole coaching staff hates him?  Do you have inside knowledge?

I have no inside knowledge and am not a PSU fan so really have no reason to defend him, but it seems silly to concoct all these HEW theories, etc a week into the season because of an incredibly vague comment by Flo.

If anything, from reading some of the articles and such the only thing that I can deduce is that maybe there’s been some back and forth between him and the coaches about him wanting to wrestle and them possibly wanting him to redshirt.

Flo may not know what the "Gavin situation" is, but Cael Sanderson does. Quote from yesterday: 

"I mean Teasdale's planning on wrestling, Teske wants to wrestle. We have a lot of great options there that we're excited about it. And I'm just saying in general. Those guys are planning on wrestling this year but still we want to be patient and let things play out and that's what we're going to do. We've done it before and we'll do it again."

I think, and have for a while, that Teske is the better option this year anyway. Teasdale did not look right last year, not only in folkstyle, but in his preferred freestyle as well. It looked like either a case of HEW or a lack of training focus (Was the absence of his close friend and positive influence Lee a factor here?). Teasdale needs a redshirt to regroup, or maybe more importantly, to adjust to college life. I've seen a lot of kids who don't even have the time commitments of D1 athletes really struggle with that transition. It sounds like Teasdale is struggling to find that balance too. I also have a hard time seeing him being able to bounce back from the lumps most true freshman take. Teske seems like a kid who can channel those struggles into a positive final product. His trajectory over the last couple years is more positive than Teasdale's as well.

37 minutes ago, qc8223 said:

I think, and have for a while, that Teske is the better option this year anyway. Teasdale did not look right last year, not only in folkstyle, but in his preferred freestyle as well. It looked like either a case of HEW or a lack of training focus (Was the absence of his close friend and positive influence Lee a factor here?). Teasdale needs a redshirt to regroup, or maybe more importantly, to adjust to college life. I've seen a lot of kids who don't even have the time commitments of D1 athletes really struggle with that transition. It sounds like Teasdale is struggling to find that balance too. I also have a hard time seeing him being able to bounce back from the lumps most true freshman take. Teske seems like a kid who can channel those struggles into a positive final product. His trajectory over the last couple years is more positive than Teasdale's as well.

Good post. Teasdale has to deal with the pressure that comes with expectations much more than Teske.