Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steamboat_charlie v2

Last Man Standing - 2018/19 (Belated Edition)

Recommended Posts

Today in the Minnesota "Coaches Corner" Coach Eggum stated that McKee wont be making the trip to the CK tournament.  He is having some sort of minor surgery (didn't hear what) and will be back in a couple of weeks.  I think you can scratch me from the Championship Bracket.  Darn! I was planning on winning too.  Anyone should be able to beat all you bum's.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, silverback said:

Today in the Minnesota "Coaches Corner" Coach Eggum stated that McKee wont be making the trip to the CK tournament.  He is having some sort of minor surgery (didn't hear what) and will be back in a couple of weeks.  I think you can scratch me from the Championship Bracket.  Darn! I was planning on winning too.  Anyone should be able to beat all you bum's.  

McKee was a bold pick. That guy wrestled the hardest schedule I’ve ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

It would appear that a Fix-RBY matchup at the Scuffle could have big implications.

What a matchup. I really hope to see it. The safe money is on Fix, but RBY is so damn good. We will find out a lot, including how RBY is on bottom. That is the only area I have some level of doubt, but that has nothing to do with RBY's skills and more to do with him being a true freshman in a weight that has a lot of solid top guys (Gross, Wilson, Erneste are all great turners, Fix is apparently very difficult to get away from + a few others one tier down).

If Fix tries to ride him and RBY gets away easily, 133 is yet another weight PSU will score a bunch of points in. RBY strikes me as a guy who will bonus fringe top 20 talent, so even if he "only" places 7th or so, he can still score a bunch of points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

It would appear that a Fix-RBY matchup at the Scuffle could have big implications.

Agreed.  Of the guys left...

Steveson: South Beach Duals 12/29 (not sure of format, could see Elam or Wood), Iowa Dual 1/13

Fix: Southern Scuffle 1/1 (RBY, Wilson, Gomez), Rutgers Dual 1/13

RBY: Southern Scuffle 1/1 (Fix, Wilson, Gomez)

Deakin: Midlands, PSU Dual 1/11

Brucki: Midlands (Warner), OSU Dual 1/12 (Weigel)

Cassar: Southern Scuffle (White, Miller, Haines, Wood), Northwestern Dual 1/11, Wisconsin Dual 1/13

Hillger: Midlands, PSU Dual 1/13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 3:36 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Agreed.  Of the guys left...

Steveson: South Beach Duals 12/29 (not sure of format, could see Elam or Wood), Iowa Dual 1/13

Fix: Southern Scuffle 1/1 (RBY, Wilson, Gomez), Rutgers Dual 1/13

RBY: Southern Scuffle 1/1 (Fix, Wilson, Gomez)

Deakin: Midlands, PSU Dual 1/11

Brucki: Midlands (Warner), OSU Dual 1/12 (Weigel)

Cassar: Southern Scuffle (White, Miller, Haines, Wood), Northwestern Dual 1/11, Wisconsin Dual 1/13

Hillger: Midlands, PSU Dual 1/13

good stuff

I kind of hope Gomez comes out and beats Wilson, Fix, RBY and Suriano. That would be a crazy two week run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

good stuff

I kind of hope Gomez comes out and beats Wilson, Fix, RBY and Suriano. That would be a crazy two week run. 

That's a tough ask.  Fix and Suriano are just so solid and sound defensively I can't see him doing it, but the dude likes to mix it up.  An RBY / Gomez match is must see TV.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 2:36 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Agreed.  Of the guys left...

Steveson: South Beach Duals 12/29 (not sure of format, could see Elam or Wood), Iowa Dual 1/13

Fix: Southern Scuffle 1/1 (RBY, Wilson, Gomez), Rutgers Dual 1/13

RBY: Southern Scuffle 1/1 (Fix, Wilson, Gomez)

Deakin: Midlands, PSU Dual 1/11

Brucki: Midlands (Warner), OSU Dual 1/12 (Weigel)

Cassar: Southern Scuffle (White, Miller, Haines, Wood), Northwestern Dual 1/11, Wisconsin Dual 1/13

Hillger: Midlands, PSU Dual 1/13

Steveson will NOT see Elam as Minnesota does not dual Missouri at South Beach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×