Sign in to follow this  
steamboat_charlie v2

Last Man Standing - 2018/19 (Belated Edition)

5 hours ago, NJDan said:

Fix lost. So that means I won the contest, right? 

Since Charlie changed the elimination rules, I believe you and Rooster are still in.

On 1/7/2019 at 4:16 PM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

You're right... I recall prior LMS competitions working this way.  Full disclosure I basically just copy and pasted someone else's rule description, but the language is obviously not the greatest.  

Rooster is still in 

14 hours ago, NJDan said:

No, no, I win because Rooster's second chance lost before mine. Scribe, of course, is also a loser. I guess that's why he is PMSing.

The guy running this thing explained the situation. He copied rules posted by someone else for convenience(maybe a little laziness ;) ). But, the intent was to mirror the original rules and the original rules only had the 2nd guy for tiebreaker purposes if 2 or more had the same #1. 

He had already clarified that and Rooster is still in. 

6 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

The guy running this thing explained the situation. He copied rules posted by someone else for convenience(maybe a little laziness ;) ). But, the intent was to mirror the original rules and the original rules only had the 2nd guy for tiebreaker purposes if 2 or more had the same #1. 

He had already clarified that and Rooster is still in. 

Doesn't matter what "the guy running it" thinks. You have to look at the rules. So I have won already. I will also win with the invented rules as Steveson will win it all and Brucki will lose, likley before the NCAAs and certainly during the NCAAs.

19 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Doesn't matter what "the guy running it" thinks. You have to look at the rules. So I have won already. I will also win with the invented rules as Steveson will win it all and Brucki will lose, likley before the NCAAs and certainly during the NCAAs.

Interesting logic.  Did everyone sign a contract?  "The guy running it" is the ONLY reason you are here in the FIRST PLACE.  A little respect and understanding in this situation is MORE than warranted.  But, considering you don't really win anything, feel free to be that guy......

Oh, and if you actually read the rules they are off anyway.  2) If your backup loses, and someone else has both their start and backup still alive, you are eliminated.

See something that stands out?

Edited by MSU158

23 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Interesting logic.  Did everyone sign a contract?  "The guy running it" is the ONLY reason you are here in the FIRST PLACE.  A little respect and understanding in this situation is MORE than warranted.  But, considering you don't really win anything, feel free to be that guy......

Oh, and if you actually read the rules they are off anyway.  2) If your backup loses, and someone else has both their start and backup still alive, you are eliminated.

See something that stands out?

Yes, I read the rules. Rooster was eliminated when his backup was eliminated because I (and even poor sad Scribe) still had our starter and the backup undefeated. That's Rule (2) that you quoted, but still somehow do not understand. 

And it's a basic principle of all law (statutes, contracts, whatever) that the written text governs. It matters not at all what the "guy running it" thinks he meant. It's what he actually wrote. Based on this principle, I won. But even based on your bogus theory I will win sooner or later. 

'Nuff said,

Edited by NJDan

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Yes, I read the rules. Rooster was eliminated when his backup was eliminated because I (and even poor sad Scribe) still had our started and the backup undefeated. That's Rule (2) that you quoted, but still somehow do not understand. 

And it's a basic principle of all law (statutes, contracts, whatever) that the written text governs. It matters not at all what the "guy running it" thinks he meant. It's what he actually wrote. Based on this principle, I won. But even based on your bogus theory I will win sooner or later. 

'Nuff said,

You then realize that the rule 2 is WRONGLY worded and could then be disregarded?  What word did I bold?  and even YOU put the wrong word "started" instead of "starter".

49 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Poor MSU: He is eliminated even by his version of the rules. And by the written rules he was eliminated back on December 1 when DeSanto lost. 

Now you resort to deflection?  This has nothing to do with me or my picks.  Rooster DESERVES to be in.  His pick was considerably more cerebral than yours.  You took the easy eye candy with Gable having a decimated weight class to run through. 

If you paid attention to the thread about bringing this back when it first was talked about, the intent was to continue Last Man Standing.  By continuing something, you would assume the rules would be the same.  The name isn't Last TWO Men Standing.  The original intent of the 2nd guy was only for tiebreaker purposes if 2 or more have the same #1.

4 hours ago, scribe said:

Listen. Dan can’t follow simple rules. The Cornell dual meet is set to 12 noon and he shows up at 1 pm and complains about it on forum because he can’t follow instructions. How dumb is that???

Actually, Scribe, you are doubly wrong. I showed up at noon to watch the swim meet. I asked about the wrestling and was told I had an hour to kill, which jibed with the schedule. And since you got there on Saturday, you shouldn't talk.

So it's just me and njdan or not?! I will say hes probably got the upper hand but I got faith in brucki I mean kids goes to Harvard and B1G championships is brutal at heavy this year even for being watered down from last year. 

On 1/19/2019 at 1:30 PM, scribe said:

Rooster wins!

you suck dan. Why did you have to pick my picks?! I should still be alive with Stephenson 

With Honis beating Brucki is everyone agreed (other than the idiot Scribe, of course) satisfied that I won?