Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Fix vs Gross/Lizak this weekend

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

I don't think Gross is the problem here. I believe he is probably injured, and guys like Lee and Nolf are not the issue either, but sitting out for seeding purposes is an issue. I don't think we should keep letting that slide and it should hurt you in some way if you do it.

I guess the only way to combat wrestlers/coaches from jockeying for seeds is to randomly draw the seeds/brackets. I certainly would not suggest this, but cant see any other way approgpriately prevent said behavior.

48 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Rumor is that Joe Smith is the odd man out in this lineup and won't be starting this year. 

I'm guessing Smith starts tomorrow against Minnesota.  If he is at 184 I like that match-up better for Minnesota than Geer.

48 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

No, Russelscouts argument is exactly correct and your snarky answer falls flat.

Gross didn't risk anything. Not seed, not hodge consideration. He had enormous positives to weigh against that.

Give it up bro - the match was not a conspiracy theory. It was straight up going up a weight to wrestle a #1 guy to give the fans a great watch. If he had to risk all those things, he would have done it anyway. Give him so credit instead of using it against him. 

53 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I don't think Gross is the problem here. I believe he is probably injured, and guys like Lee and Nolf are not the issue either, but sitting out for seeding purposes is an issue. I don't think we should keep letting that slide and it should hurt you in some way if you do miss a big match on your schedule.

I would agree with sitting out for seeding purposes is a problem, but you inadvertently accused Gross of doing so today. I am pretty confident Seth Gross is not ducking anyone for seeding purposes. If he doesn't wrestle it's legit. They will see each other at Big12 tourney. Whoever wins there most likely gets the highest seed anyway with all things being equal over the season. And I apologize for the snarky comment - but I do taking away from a noble match on Gross' part to try to prove that he ducked today is a stretch. 

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Give it up bro - the match was not a conspiracy theory. It was straight up going up a weight to wrestle a #1 guy to give the fans a great watch. If he had to risk all those things, he would have done it anyway. Give him so credit instead of using it against him. 

you are totally clueless

Darn, I was looking forward to Fix Vs Gross, I am shocked it did not happen, oh well I hope Gross recovers from whatever injury he has, so we can see these 2 go at it later in the year, sucks, but better to see them when both are healthy.

47 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I've been called worse - We will stick. with your conspiracy theory that he was ducking Fix today. 

BTW - Nice snarky comment Mr. Snarky Police 

I said in 3 different posts that I don't think Gross ducked. I said that I believe ducking is a problem in the sport and it needs to be dealt with. You have reading comprehension issues Idaho?

33 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I said in 3 different posts that I don't think Gross ducked. I said that I believe ducking is a problem in the sport and it needs to be dealt with. You have reading comprehension issues Idaho?

Absolutely I can read...do you know what "inadvertently" means? You should look it up.  To your credit after the fact, you did say later that you didn't think Gross ducked. You actually started this whole thing. . Right after it was announced that Gross wasn't wrestling you said: 

"Until there is a way to hold guys accountable for sitting out, it will continue to happen. IMO, no kid deserves a high seed with out putting it on the line." 

You "inadvertently" were saying that Gross should be held accountable for sitting out. Later you said "I don't know if Gross is ducking."  

Regardless, he's out until December... maybe you can hold him accountable. 

BTW - you are responding to a quote that was for Hammerlock - not for you - go back and read the response. 

Edited by Idaho

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

i didn't say anything close to that.....you are just making things up

True - you didn't say that Gross was ducking.

So why argue with me when that was my point and discredit his move to go up and wrestle Merideth?  That you did do. 

He's out until December - it can all be put to rest now anyway. 

As A side note - go to his twitter page and look at his goals this year. It seems he has plans to go up and beat the best guys at 141 this year as well. 

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Absolutely I can read...do you know what "inadvertently" means? You should look it up.  To your credit after the fact, you did say later that you didn't think Gross ducked. You actually started this whole thing. . Right after it was announced that Gross wasn't wrestling you said: 

"Until there is a way to hold guys accountable for sitting out, it will continue to happen. IMO, no kid deserves a high seed with out putting it on the line." 

You "inadvertently" were saying that Gross should be held accountable for sitting out. Later you said "I don't know if Gross is ducking."  

Regardless, he's out until December... maybe you can hold him accountable. 

BTW - you are responding to a quote that was for Hammerlock - not for you - go back and read the response. 

Except I made it very clear I didn't think he was ducking. If I directly say that he wasn't ducking, does that mean nothing to you? My point was ducking or not, sitting out right now doesn't hurt you. It only helps you. Sitting out should hurt your seeding, and until it does, it will be taken advantage of. Do you disagree with this?

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Except I made it very clear I didn't think he was ducking. If I directly say that he wasn't ducking, does that mean nothing to you? My point was ducking or not, sitting out right now doesn't hurt you. It only helps you. Sitting out should hurt your seeding, and until it does, it will be taken advantage of. Do you disagree with this?

Yep, couldn't agree more! Do you see how your initial comment makes it seem like you were at first which is why we went down that road? We both agree he wasn't ducking. We both agree those who do need to be held accountable. 

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

The best and most important way this helps Gross or anyone else sitting out is it allows him to rehab and heal his injuries. The rest is speculation. Theoretically, had he faced Fix tonight he could have injured himself a whole lot more and possibly ended his season.

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

So again. Penalizing these guys by giving them lower seeds actually hurts those they have to face due to the now poorly seeded brackets.

I get what your saying, but a seed at nationals should be based on your performance over the entire year. Not wrestling should effect your seed. How else do you incentivize wrestling? What's the lesser of two evils? A guy getting hurt because the top seed fell to his side of the bracket, or a guy who skips all legitimate competition and gets rewarded with a cake walk to the semis. I would say the former. 

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

I've been called worse - We will stick. with your conspiracy theory that he was ducking Fix today. 

BTW - Nice snarky comment Mr. Snarky Police 

I'm so sick of the misuse of the term "conspiracy theory."  Look it up.  Most times, the correct term would be  "theory."