Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Cornell's Logjam at 133

3 hours ago, KTG119 said:

it was reported in early October.

So he'd had over 6 weeks to get down and this seems like it was the plan all along since last March.  So given how much time he's had, probably not a good sign that he's not there - but then again maybe they went with the slow decent plan. 

On 11/14/2018 at 6:25 PM, NJDan said:

Cornell has a world class freestyler, Vito Arujau, who might be stuck behind Chas Tucker, a one-year starter at 133. Meanwhile, Yianni is at 141. 

Would it be possible for Vito, who is pretty skinny, to do well at 149? 

Or should Yianni move up? That would make room for Vito. It also looks like the competition at 141, Eierman and Mckenna, may be tougher than it is at 149, where Matthew Kolodzik, who I am pretty sure Yianni can beat handily, is ranked #1.

Depends on how strong he is. If he's farmboy strong Arujau might do well at 149. If he's a technique guy with middling strength he may well struggle at 149. Yianni is the star of the team and a special wrestler, I think he'd do very well at any weight, provided he's within a few pounds of the competition. If I was Koll I'd ask Yianni to move up to 149 for the team. Who is wrestling 149 for Cornell now? Maybe he's a close pal of Yianni or something.

It also looks like the competition at 141, Eierman and Mckenna, may be tougher than it is at 149, where Matthew Kolodzik, who I am pretty sure Yianni can beat handily, is ranked #1.

149 isn't the percieved gauntlet 141 is but Kolidzik, Jordan, Leeth, and Ashnault are some tough cookies. I'll take em over any lighter guys bumping up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, justafan said:

Yianni is wrestling today at mat town open.And Tucker  is registered for Vegas 133 and LaJoie at 125 

Makes sense. Bring Yianni back slowly and Tucker earned the spot with the win over Vito. If Vito makes 125 effectively than he has finalist potential. 

2 hours ago, jon said:

Aren't you the pest who writes 'Sorryano' and 'Sorry-ano'?

But those, along with Carl are intentional, and not claimed to be typos.  By the way, Sorry-ano is true.

Edited by lu_alum

8 hours ago, lu_alum said:

But those, along with Carl are intentional, and not claimed to be typos.  By the way, Sorry-ano is true.

What do you mean true?  Does he like to apologize often?  He did beat Darian Lose.  See what I did there?  Creating derogatory nicknames for college athletes is dumb.  

Performance evaluation post-CKLV?  Tucker had some decent wins (Duncan, Thornton), but otherwise had a tough draw, taking losses to Pletcher and Lizak.  Just the type of mediocre performance that brings Cornell no closer to an answer-- unless Vito is truly dropping to 125 

Edited by LemonPie

5 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

Performance evaluation post-CKLV?  Tucker had some decent wins (Duncan, Thornton), but otherwise had a tough draw, taking losses to Pletcher and Lizak.  Just the type of mediocre performance that brings Cornell no closer to an answer-- unless Vito is truly dropping to 125 

Pletcher beat Tucker 4-3

Phillippi beat Pletcher 2-1.

Last year, Arujau beat Phillippi 11-5.

Yes, it was last year.  To me, Arujau beats better opponents than does Tucker at 133.

6 hours ago, LemonPie said:

Which as I predicted.........