Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Worst Dual ever?

I just don't think he would duck him for this reasons of protection, it doesn't help him!

Its not like Nolf is at the weight getting a 2,3,6 seed is crucial in March, the weight is deep and balanced, he doesn't even know who he doesn't want on his side, let alone who is going to get beat and where they are gonna land 

4 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I just don't think he would duck him for this reasons of protection, it doesn't help him!

Its not like Nolf is at the weight getting a 2,3,6 seed is crucial in March, the weight is deep and balanced, he doesn't even know who he doesn't want on his side, let alone who is going to get beat and where they are gonna land 

I assume the coaches want him to be the #1 seed.  If he doesn’t get beat, he’s likely the #1 seed, no?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I assume the coaches want him to be the #1 seed.  If he doesn’t get beat, he’s likely the #1 seed, no?

If Fix goes unbeaten I'd give him the 1 seed over Gross just because not taking the mat can then mean something. 

It’s November and people are projecting multiple wrestlers to finish the season undefeated and placing them in a March bracket...

while saying that wrestlers are sitting only for nefarious reasons...

maybe you sit more at the beginning because you can actually recover from injuries in four months.

5 minutes ago, jcjcjc said:

It’s November and people are projecting multiple wrestlers to finish the season undefeated and placing them in a March bracket...

while saying that wrestlers are sitting only for nefarious reasons...

maybe you sit more at the beginning because you can actually recover from injuries in four months.

Wrestling fans are "too intelligent" for their own good. They think way too much about this stuff.

10 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

Y’all realize Fix and Gross could meet in conference tournament right? 

They will be set to meet in the finals at big12s and then both medical forfeit and tie for second so they can both be undefeated for NCAAs

Edited by BigTenFanboy

12 hours ago, dmm53 said:

Seth Gross sold us on one big match last year.   Kudos for his courage.

This year, might he (and/or more likely others) have:

(a) Sold out for an Internet sell-out? (It's patently absurd to believe that Gross, his coaches, and/or FLO didn't know he was being held out earlier in the week.  Meanwhile the hype machine and sales department continued the unremitting promotion of the match.)

Aside:  Gross wrestled last weekend.   This is quite possibly a reprise of the strategy that was followed with Thomasello and others last year.  They wrestle the easier matches and are encouraged or required by coaches to sit out the tougher ones.  FLO has been generally critical of this kind of thing, except when their self-selected "stars" are involved. 

Seth was a (mostly) no-go for ASU, up until the Sunday morning weigh-in. He felt good Sunday, he wrestled. He tweaked his back mid-week leading up to OSU, the decision to hold him wasn't made until Thursday or Friday - don't hold me to the exact date.

My memory of the timeline is that Hahn had Gross wrestling as of the Wed. coaches lunch; announced he wouldn't be wrestling at a Friday evening alumni gathering.