Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ogalthorpe Haywood

Keystone Classic

Recommended Posts

Cassar is slightly undersized at HWT but not by too much.  However, he is built like a truck and insanely strong.  He was as strong or probably stronger than Nevills.  He is also way more athletic than probably anybody not named Gable Steveson and far quicker/slicker than anyone as well.

My biggest question was his mat wrestling.  He rode Nevills easily but chose to not go underneath.  Good luck for most HWT against Cassar if he goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to start thinking about Shakur Rasheed and Anthony Cassar as more guys that Sanderson "developed" at Penn State. I think both are already more dominant than Jordan Conoway ever was, if not yet more "accomplished". Rasheed was P4P maybe around 60 or 70 and Cassar wasn't even on the radar map before he committed to PSU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TBar1977 said:

We have to start thinking about Shakur Rasheed and Anthony Cassar as more guys that Sanderson "developed" at Penn State. I think both are already more dominant than Jordan Conoway ever was, if not yet more "accomplished". Rasheed was P4P maybe around 60 or 70 and Cassar wasn't even on the radar map before he committed to PSU. 

I thought Cassar had some Freestyle "chops" coming in?  Him and Seely (if I recall) had a finals match for Juniors?  Either way... agree... that they are two that developed under Cael.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

Cassar is slightly undersized at HWT but not by too much.  However, he is built like a truck and insanely strong.  He was as strong or probably stronger than Nevills.  He is also way more athletic than probably anybody not named Gable Steveson and far quicker/slicker than anyone as well.

My biggest question was his mat wrestling.  He rode Nevills easily but chose to not go underneath.  Good luck for most HWT against Cassar if he goes.

Everything you said describes Derek White too.  But White had trouble with the absolute biggest heavies because of mat wrestling and the Cassar-Nevills match says that's probably not a big issue for Cassar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

I thought Cassar had some Freestyle "chops" coming in?  Him and Seely (if I recall) had a finals match for Juniors?  Either way... agree... that they are two that developed under Cael.

That was after a year at Penn State. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×