Sign in to follow this  
Ogalthorpe Haywood

Keystone Classic

Just to clarify on the Berge Verkleeren match, Berge took injury time so one of Verk’s escapes were due to that fact. That’s a pretty crappy and indecisive way to win a wrestle off type match but with about 10 or so secs left Berge hits his money single and comes up but Verk immediately funks and while Berge tries to score the ref starts counting because Verk is exposed. The last swipe came with 1 sec left. Verk challenged and lost. Both are so darn close in ability.  

47 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Just to clarify on the Berge Verkleeren match, Berge took injury time so one of Verk’s escapes were due to that fact. That’s a pretty crappy and indecisive way to win a wrestle off type match but with about 10 or so secs left Berge hits his money single and comes up but Verk immediately funks and while Berge tries to score the ref starts counting because Verk is exposed. The last swipe came with 1 sec left. Verk challenged and lost. Both are so darn close in ability.  

I would add that Berge was the more offensively minded wrestler of the two. He came closr on a few shots that were on the edge where the action went off the mat. But they are somewhat close perhaps due to familiarity. I think Berge is generally more prone to shooting more.

33 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I would add that Berge was the more offensively minded wrestler of the two. He came closr on a few shots that were on the edge where the action went off the mat. But they are somewhat close perhaps due to familiarity. I think Berge is generally more prone to shooting more.

I’m not so sure. Verkleeren was hitting some nice doubles earlier in the tournament along with a slick super duck. 

On 11/19/2018 at 12:24 AM, TBar1977 said:

Cassar beats Goodhart 13-4, I think. It was 6 TDs to 0. 

Nevills beats Miller 11-4 for 3rd. 

Impressive. The strength difference between HVY and 190 is fairly significant, surprised to see Cassar doing so well.