headshuck

Minnesota vs Oklahoma State

Just now, LemonPie said:

Can't believe Eggum wasted McKee at 133 last year with a redshirt available.   So much better at 141. 

While Brock struggled with physicality at 133 and I doubt the move to 141 helps him.  He might have a bigger tank there but guys will shut down his offense from neutral easier, and that means more of the tactical matches he usually finds a way to lose.  

That position Fix got a reversal is a position Lizak has absolutely owned at 125.  Fix isn't even a large 133 but the leverage is just different at 133 for Lizak.  Just clinging to a guy and rolling on your own back while looking for NF is a very unique style that demands tons of skill and also that you control a guy physically, and 133s will be far harder for him to control physically.  He's obviously got the same skill level but without the physical advantage I think a much higher percentage of guys will survive under him.

8 minutes ago, boconnell said:

That position Fix got a reversal is a position Lizak has absolutely owned at 125.  Fix isn't even a large 133 but the leverage is just different at 133 for Lizak.  Just clinging to a guy and rolling on your own back while looking for NF is a very unique style that demands tons of skill and also that you control a guy physically, and 133s will be far harder for him to control physically.  He's obviously got the same skill level but without the physical advantage I think a much higher percentage of guys will survive under him.

I think Lizak will still own some guys from that position, Fix just isn't one of them because he is just too strong. 

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I think Lizak will still own some guys from that position, Fix just isn't one of them because he is just too strong. 

I agree he will still do work there, but at 125 there were 2-3 guys big and strong enough to neutralize him there, and at 133 there will 10-15.  There will be guys at 133 that are average wrestlers who can turtle up and lose to him without giving up points.  

So they have this huge border that takes up 1/3rd of the screen and:
  • It doesn't tell you the name of the wrestlers
  • It doesn't tell you what period you are in
  • It doesn't clearly differentiate between the team score and match score. 
Good gravy folks, get it together...

I thinks JB told us last year that the broadcast is plugged into some new scoreboard at the arena.

4 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Someone said they lost one for arguing calls at 133, which doesn't surprise me.  John Smith and Zeke Jones are locked into a tight battle at the top of the Whiniest Coach Poll, this may put Coach Smith ahead this week. 

That's exactly when and how it happened.