Sign in to follow this  
KTG119

brother All Americans

while doubtful that the Finesilver bros get too many (any?) AA honors this season, the fact that there are 8 or 9 of them wrestling for Duke made me wonder....what's the most AA finishes for brothers in same season? 

2 obviously has been done a ton, various twins and such. 3 (or more) ever happened? Did the Gibbons bros overlap enough to all place in same season? Kistlers? Carrs?

I'm probably forgetting something that happened like a year ago or something as that's how my old man brain functions at this point.

14 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Guessing the Banachs were close.  Zaleskys were tough--not sure if they overlapped.  Too lazy to look it up today.

as far as I know only two Banachs or Zaleskys placed at all. No more than two in a single year from those two iirc.. 

49 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

as far as I know only two Banachs or Zaleskys placed at all. No more than two in a single year from those two iirc.. 

Pretty sure Keller, both in finals two year's & both were champs one of those.

Seeing as there aren’t any it seems, I’d we remove the “at the same time” criteria, the Valencia’s might do this soon. 

If  Anthony Valencia ends up AAing, they do have a little brother, in 10th grade, who is trending upwards. He isn’t as highly touted at Zahid and Anthony, but I expect by his senior year he will be top 100, if not better (maybe even top 10 - he is super talented and only recently started coming into his own. He grew a ton in the past couple of years)

Edited by Housebuye

6 hours ago, KTG119 said:

while doubtful that the Finesilver bros get too many (any?) AA honors this season, the fact that there are 8 or 9 of them wrestling for Duke made me wonder....what's the most AA finishes for brothers in same season? 

2 obviously has been done a ton, various twins and such. 3 (or more) ever happened? Did the Gibbons bros overlap enough to all place in same season? Kistlers? Carrs?

I'm probably forgetting something that happened like a year ago or something as that's how my old man brain functions at this point.

Gabe and Max Dean have already done it.  No other siblings I know of.  Yianni has his, and Greg is awfully likely to, in a couple of years.  They have a "little" brother, Elijah, who is 11 and under and already wrestling 160...

1 minute ago, klehner said:

Gabe and Max Dean have already done it.  No other siblings I know of.  Yianni has his, and Greg is awfully likely to, in a couple of years.  They have a "little" brother, Elijah, who is 11 and under and already wrestling 160...

The Diakomihalous clan failed at family planning

36 minutes ago, klehner said:

Same season.... Deans did not overlap. 

Yianni’s brothers won’t either but they are extremely impressive. 

I thought this was relatively easy to follow

yes, there are 3 or more bros from same family that have made D1 AA....again question is have there been 3 or more bros that did so in same season

so while Cael, Cody, and Cyler Sanderson all placed, no more than 2 of those happened in same year.  

Lee Roy, John, Pat, and Mark Smith....all made AA....but none overlapped.

In Division III the Lefevers did it for Wabash in 2015 and all three made the finals.

157 - Reece Lefever, 2nd place
174 - Conner Lefever, 1st place
184 - Riley Lefever, 1st place (2nd of his 4 championships)

Riley is currently a part of the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club and was the 2nd ever 4x DIII champ. He never lost to a DIII opponent.

3 hours ago, jammen said:

There will be 3 Carlson brothers in D1, Clay and Colten for SD St, Cael for Minny next year.  Probably the only 3 bros in D1.

Except the guys mentioned in the first post of this thread?

again, tons of example of two bros doing in same year ala the Jordans mentioned above. Hell Iowa alone w/o thinking too hard I know Banachs, Zaleskys, Steiners, Brands. 

but so far then, other than legendofandy's D3 example, looks like there have been no other years, and none in D1,  where more than 2 bros made AA in same season.