Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KTG119

brother All Americans

Recommended Posts

while doubtful that the Finesilver bros get too many (any?) AA honors this season, the fact that there are 8 or 9 of them wrestling for Duke made me wonder....what's the most AA finishes for brothers in same season? 

2 obviously has been done a ton, various twins and such. 3 (or more) ever happened? Did the Gibbons bros overlap enough to all place in same season? Kistlers? Carrs?

I'm probably forgetting something that happened like a year ago or something as that's how my old man brain functions at this point.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Guessing the Banachs were close.  Zaleskys were tough--not sure if they overlapped.  Too lazy to look it up today.

as far as I know only two Banachs or Zaleskys placed at all. No more than two in a single year from those two iirc.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

as far as I know only two Banachs or Zaleskys placed at all. No more than two in a single year from those two iirc.. 

Pretty sure Keller, both in finals two year's & both were champs one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as there aren’t any it seems, I’d we remove the “at the same time” criteria, the Valencia’s might do this soon. 

If  Anthony Valencia ends up AAing, they do have a little brother, in 10th grade, who is trending upwards. He isn’t as highly touted at Zahid and Anthony, but I expect by his senior year he will be top 100, if not better (maybe even top 10 - he is super talented and only recently started coming into his own. He grew a ton in the past couple of years)

 

 

 

Edited by Housebuye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KTG119 said:

while doubtful that the Finesilver bros get too many (any?) AA honors this season, the fact that there are 8 or 9 of them wrestling for Duke made me wonder....what's the most AA finishes for brothers in same season? 

2 obviously has been done a ton, various twins and such. 3 (or more) ever happened? Did the Gibbons bros overlap enough to all place in same season? Kistlers? Carrs?

I'm probably forgetting something that happened like a year ago or something as that's how my old man brain functions at this point.

 

 

 

Gabe and Max Dean have already done it.  No other siblings I know of.  Yianni has his, and Greg is awfully likely to, in a couple of years.  They have a "little" brother, Elijah, who is 11 and under and already wrestling 160...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, klehner said:

Gabe and Max Dean have already done it.  No other siblings I know of.  Yianni has his, and Greg is awfully likely to, in a couple of years.  They have a "little" brother, Elijah, who is 11 and under and already wrestling 160...

The Diakomihalous clan failed at family planning

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, klehner said:

Gabe and Max Dean have already done it.  No other siblings I know of.  Yianni has his, and Greg is awfully likely to, in a couple of years.  They have a "little" brother, Elijah, who is 11 and under and already wrestling 160...

Same season.... Deans did not overlap. 

Yianni’s brothers won’t either but they are extremely impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was relatively easy to follow

yes, there are 3 or more bros from same family that have made D1 AA....again question is have there been 3 or more bros that did so in same season

so while Cael, Cody, and Cyler Sanderson all placed, no more than 2 of those happened in same year.  

Lee Roy, John, Pat, and Mark Smith....all made AA....but none overlapped.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Division III the Lefevers did it for Wabash in 2015 and all three made the finals.

157 - Reece Lefever, 2nd place
174 - Conner Lefever, 1st place
184 - Riley Lefever, 1st place (2nd of his 4 championships)

Riley is currently a part of the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club and was the 2nd ever 4x DIII champ. He never lost to a DIII opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jammen said:

There will be 3 Carlson brothers in D1, Clay and Colten for SD St, Cael for Minny next year.  Probably the only 3 bros in D1.

Except the guys mentioned in the first post of this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

again, tons of example of two bros doing in same year ala the Jordans mentioned above. Hell Iowa alone w/o thinking too hard I know Banachs, Zaleskys, Steiners, Brands. 

but so far then, other than legendofandy's D3 example, looks like there have been no other years, and none in D1,  where more than 2 bros made AA in same season.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×