Sign in to follow this  
keith97btown

Teasdale

6 minutes ago, Bryan said:

A former professional baseball coach informed me as to how you punish young male athletes.  You simply make them run sprints from 5:00am-5:45am each day for two weeks and they must submit to a drug test every week for the rest of the season.  He claims that they HATE to get out of bed at 4:30am to be on time for a 5:00am run and will do most anything to keep it from happening again.  Lack of sleep get's their attention quicker than anything and it send a message to the rest of the team.  If they quit what have you lost?

This sort of thing works for awhile, until it doesn't. Kid changes and then falls back into his old habits.

I have no problems with people speculating on rumors or something they heard. That’s what these boards are for.

Personally I don’t like the “joy” some posters have in another’s potential downfall when these rumors come out.

Once the rumors out I prefer to sit back and see what happens since as I’m sure you’ll admit most of the rumors we see are false

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont know man, for the most part there's usually fire once the smoke starts up.
We will find out soon. #cheers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

I have no problems with people speculating on rumors or something they heard. That’s what these boards are for.

Personally I don’t like the “joy” some posters have in another’s potential downfall when these rumors come out.

Once the rumors out I prefer to sit back and see what happens since as I’m sure you’ll admit some of the rumors we see are false

I dont find joy in the fact that we may never see Teasdale wrestle at PSU. I find it interesting in the times we are living. How will we look back on this in 10 years when it is possibly legal federally? Fact is, I have seen two types of stoners. People who are fully functional and you would never know(have buddy getting a phd and know a few other guys who are very successful in their careers and are very well spoken). Then I have seen people crap their life down the toilet because they can't get off the couch. 

I dont find joy in the fact that we may never see Teasdale wrestle at PSU. I find it interesting in the times we are living. How will we look back on this in 10 years when it is possibly legal federally? Fact is, I have seen two types of stoners. People who are fully functional and you would never know(have buddy getting a phd and know a few other guys who are very successful in their careers and are very well spoken). Then I have seen people crap their life down the toilet because they can't get off the couch. 

I worry more about these kid’s well being. Most of us have no relationship with any of these kids other than the fact we enjoy watching them wrestle over the years.

With social media the way it is (many of us never had to deal with that in our wild years). Has to be tough on these kids psyche.

Imagine back in the day you get kicked out of college. The only people that knew were your parents and your friends. Now a days everyone knows and people love to needle these kids for no other reason than to bring pain to an already painful situation

1 minute ago, pish6969 said:

I worry more about these kid’s well being. Most of us have no relationship with any of these kids other than the fact we enjoy watching them wrestle over the years.

With social media the way it is (many of us never had to deal with that in our wild years). Has to be tough on these kids psyche.

Imagine back in the day you get kicked out of college. The only people that knew were your parents and your friends. Now a days everyone knows and people love to needle these kids for no other reason than to bring pain to an already painful situation

I get that. Even as an Iowa fan, I hate to see Teasdale not get his chance to shine on the big stage. He is a special talent and hope he gets a shot on another team if he is in fact gone from PSU. However, when you are that kind of talent, "what could have been" stories are not new because of social media. I may not have had to deal with social media in my wild years, but if I did, no one would have cared because I wasn't as talented as Gavin Teasdale.

I really don't look down on the kid for this either. He wants to have some fun? Fine, but he probably should have realized that it wasn't going to fly with Cael. I can't find fault with Cael either. He has a good thing going and doesn't want to ruin the barrel. If this is a problem for Gavin I do hope he can get his ducks in a row and find a d1 room again.

Having seen Gavin's social media I never thought he'd be a good fit at PSU. I really hoped and still hope that he can turn it around and realize his potential though, he's got an opportunity that most of us could only dream of. Working with the best in the world at your sport and getting a free education from a really good school is about all a recent HS grad could wish for. If he can keep it together for the next four years he'll be able to do whatever he wants.

1 hour ago, spladle08 said:

Its not reckless or anything else, the kid isn't on the team anymore,

So you're saying Cael is a liar?   According to the link above, "Sanderson brought up Teasdale working hard in the wrestling room on Tuesday"

I can see why people think he should be punished.  I am having a hard time with what seems to be an attitude of stoning him?  What about the kids that drink too much, or drink any alcohol if they are not 21?  What about the number of kids using PEDs?  I get that we should police all illegal activity but is pot really a worse drug?

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

So you're saying Cael is a liar?   According to the link above, "Sanderson brought up Teasdale working hard in the wrestling room on Tuesday"

Sure for my argument to make sense that he and the team are parting ways due to his failed drug test, if it means I am calling Cael a liar, than sure he is a liar. 

Edited by spladle08

2 minutes ago, teach said:

I can see why people think he should be punished.  I am having a hard time with what seems to be an attitude of stoning him?  What about the kids that drink too much, or drink any alcohol if they are not 21?  What about the number of kids using PEDs?  I get that we should police all illegal activity but is pot really a worse drug?

I don't see an attitude of stoning the kid in this thread from what I seed. Its just against the rules and there are consequences. IMO if weed were legal there could be discussions about responsible use much like alcohol, but that is not the case.

3 minutes ago, teach said:

But Alcohol isn't legal for most, but we seem ok with that?

Because its legal. We have all seen what responsible drinking or partying from time to time looks like. It CAN be done without a huge amount of problems. Because weed is illegal it comes with a stigma and all sorts of stereotypes. Many people don't believe there is a way it can be done responsibly. The truth is, both weed and alcohol can be done responsibly and both can be done to excess. 

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

A former professional baseball coach informed me as to how you punish young male athletes.  You simply make them run sprints from 5:00am-5:45am each day for two weeks and they must submit to a drug test every week for the rest of the season.  He claims that they HATE to get out of bed at 4:30am to be on time for a 5:00am run and will do most anything to keep it from happening again.  Lack of sleep get's their attention quicker than anything and it send a message to the rest of the team.  If they quit what have you lost?

A Big Ten S&C coach told me the the exact same thing 20 years ago.  Any type of discipline needed:  sprints at 5:00 am.  Cures it in a hurry.

So because alcohol is legal for us over 21 we feel, well kids will do it too sometimes.  But, since mj is not legal for adults we are concerned of something we don't know?  I'm not arguing I just think it's strange that we are ok, socially, with under age drinking but not smoking? 

1 minute ago, teach said:

So because alcohol is legal for us over 21 we feel, well kids will do it too sometimes.  But, since mj is not legal for adults we are concerned of something we don't know?  I'm not arguing I just think it's strange that we are ok, socially, with under age drinking but not smoking? 

"We all did it" is the common response. My parents would have had a hard time villianizing it when it was legal for them to drink at 18.

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

The isn't weed or alcohol, it's discipline. 

Was about to say the same thing.  The issue isn't occasional use of recreational drugs, it's the lack of discipline.  Underage drinking and weed are against the student athlete code of conduct at every school I've ever heard of.  If your discipline is so poor that (1) you get caught, and/or (2) it begins to affect your performance in the classroom or on the mat, there's clearly an issue of maturity that needs to be addressed.