Sign in to follow this  
Greatdane67

Joe Smith

3 minutes ago, rcoates1 said:

He certified at 165, which means he weighed in between 165.1 and 174

He could have weighed more than that. I know a 174 that actually certed at 165 but weighed 177. Depends on body fat.

11 hours ago, rcoates1 said:

He certified at 165, which means he weighed in between 165.1 and 174

Cowboy radio announcers said during the Minnesota pre-match broadcast that he had certified at 157 but that they didn't think that he would ever get down there.

Nevills is redshirting? I'm glad to hear that,  hate seeing good wrestlers missing out on the action. I thought he redshirted earlier, guess I was wrong.

Nevills redshirted in 2014-15. He has already competed in three B1G tourneys. He either needs to beat Cassar for the spot or transfer out for the Spring semester. The mid-season is much easier to do if he completes his undergrad degree requirements by December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Idaho said:

Good thinking...gotta get the plastics going. 

"plastics"....  thank you, lol when people call them sauna suits or sweat suits, I don't know why it bothers me, PLASTICS damnit.  I used to run 5-8 miles every morning before school in em,... tried to run 5-8 blocks as an out of shape adult the other day wearing some.....  thought I was going to die 2 minutes in. 
Not an old mans game.

"plastics"....  thank you, lol when people call them sauna suits or sweat suits, I don't know why it bothers me, PLASTICS damnit.  I used to run 5-8 miles every morning before school in em,... tried to run 5-8 blocks as an out of shape adult the other day wearing some.....  thought I was going to die 2 minutes in. 
Not an old mans game.

I was too cheap to buy a proper sauna suit. For me, it was a garbage bag w a t-shirt underneath to soak up sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember a time when on the first day of practice we lined up and coach gave us our sweats and a set of plastics. Everyone on the team had them, no exceptions.

And yes a t-shirt underneath helped a lot because those damn things were nasty when directly against your skin. 

16 hours ago, Zebra said:

I remember a time when on the first day of practice we lined up and coach gave us our sweats and a set of plastics. Everyone on the team had them, no exceptions.

And yes a t-shirt underneath helped a lot because those damn things were nasty when directly against your skin. 

This is such a terrible practice. Glad our sport has moved away from it.