Sign in to follow this  
dmm53

Cliff Keen - Toughest Tournament? (Nov 30-Dec.1)

55 minutes ago, Banana Peterson said:

Open mat ran an interesting article that I unfortunately cannot access. With that being said who are some dark horse/non ranked wrestlers that can make some noise at this years tournament. Guys like Vito, Tucker and Singletary come to mind for me.

Vito isn't there.  I must say that last year, Tucker lost to Mueller 4-3, and Gustafson 3-2, and apparently he has opened up his offense this year (beating Vito at the Bearcat).  Probably a Bridges too far, though.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:44 PM, lu1979 said:

I will be there - should be a great weekend of wrestling

On 11/25/2018 at 6:54 PM, SetonHallPirate said:

Some grey-sweats-clad clown who looks roughly similar to me will be there...

Just got here myself.  Looking forward to an awesome 2 days of wrestling !!

Just now, pennsyrules said:

no brackets out yet?  I looked on flo and couldn't find them.

With some preseeds not entering the tournament I'm sure they had to move some things around - but you'd think that would have been fixed at this point. 

On 11/27/2018 at 12:21 PM, klehner said:

Yianni is not entered.  Of the ten starters predicted for Cornell at the end of last year, only three are entered.  Not Baughman, not Arujau, not Yianni, not Koll, not Stroker, not Chavez, not Darmstadt.  Sigh...

I assume that Vito is not there because he remains behind Tucker. Darmstadt is out for the whole years (broken vertebrae, I think). Not sure why the others are not there they have wrestled recently.

14 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I assume that Vito is not there because he remains behind Tucker. Darmstadt is out for the whole years (broken vertebrae, I think). Not sure why the others are not there they have wrestled recently.

Baughman hasn't wrestled yet.  Chavez isn't in school.  Koll is out for the year.  Don't know why Stroker isn't there.

any word on the actual weigh-in releases?  I'm curious about Kollin Moore, and if he looks emaciated after having competed at 97kg just two weeks ago (or however long ago that was).  Also, curious about Gable's actual weight.

Thoughts?

On 11/27/2018 at 5:21 PM, klehner said:

Yianni is not entered.  Of the ten starters predicted for Cornell at the end of last year, only three are entered.  Not Baughman, not Arujau, not Yianni, not Koll, not Stroker, not Chavez, not Darmstadt.  Sigh...

Yianni opted for the MatTown Classic, at which he pinned/teched everyone he wrestled. Can't blame him, really.

The Air Force wrestler against K. Monday got robbed multiple times.  He had Monday pinned in the first period and the pin wasn't called.  Then Monday was given a ridiculous stall call with about 3 or 4 seconds to go to send it into OT.  Really bad ref.