Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Rocket Mortgage ad on Flo

44 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

It boggles my mind that that is the only commercial they can get.  I don't understand the business well but the fact that the same ad plays every time makes the entire operation come off as very amateur to me. 

It could be an exclusive agreement. I have to assume that’s the case. 

I used to work in Media/Sports marketing.  Sometimes, especially when the "brass" has overinflated expectations, they won't take the smaller deals, and tend to hold out for the bigger ones.  The issue is that they're stuck with little content.  If they would just go to "local" or "regional", and be HONEST with their viewership numbers, they'll make some incremental revenue, while serving the needs of the small viewership base, and then, threads like this that are negative in connotation, wouldn't exist.

But... their Sponsorship/Sales department was probably given unrealistic expectations so they ignore the smaller fish on the hopes of the bigger bite.  Ironically, when that happens, the bigger bite rarely comes, and instead, you'll find yourself underselling to everyone, including the little dogs.

Sports marketing/sponsorship sales are super fickle... 

13 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

themat.com runs that bikini land ad all the time. I approve of their decision to run that ad non stop.

those ads aren't chosen by the themat.com, they are populated by a third party vendor based on your browser history and ISP details. so maybe it's time to start surfing in incognito mode. 

13 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

those ads aren't chosen by the themat.com, they are populated by a third party vendor based on your browser history and ISP details. so maybe it's time to start surfing in incognito mode. 

I guess if you click on the ad one time they will keep showing it to you. Works for me. 

I have done a lot of work with Rocket Mortgage professionally. They are a very good company and have done quite a bit to improve the city of Detroit. If their ad is annoying, it is probably working....if you see the name elsewhere, you'll make the connection. Plus, you may even remember it years from now. At least they are investing some money into wrestling.