Sign in to follow this  
BaldYianni

AWL Scheduling Mishap?

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but what in the world were the guys behind AWL thinking having their inaugural event the same weekend as CKLV? You've got to assume that it's going to drastically affect attendance/ viewers. Seems like that's something that should've raised some flags early on, especially if they're trying to get AWL to take off. I could be completely wrong (and I hope that I am) but it just seems like it's forcing the wrestling community to choose between two good events when moving the date would, at least on the surface, solve the issue. 

1 hour ago, BaldYianni said:

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but what in the world were the guys behind AWL thinking having their inaugural event the same weekend as CKLV? You've got to assume that it's going to drastically affect attendance/ viewers. Seems like that's something that should've raised some flags early on, especially if they're trying to get AWL to take off. I could be completely wrong (and I hope that I am) but it just seems like it's forcing the wrestling community to choose between two good events when moving the date would, at least on the surface, solve the issue. 

Might not have been that easy. You are talking about grown men with family commitments. 

The CKLV isn’t a highly fan attended event. Fans can use more than one window to stream and they have since the advent of streaming multi-mat events.  There isn’t an either-or proposition, unless you planned on attending. Iowa and Iowa State’s local fanbases are there and wrestle the next night. 

It’s probably inconvenient for some, but considering how segmented our fans are, it might impact a handful, but if people want to watch, they’ll watch.