Sign in to follow this  
cjc007

Pico

I'll believe he's back when he's representing the US at Worlds or the Olympics, not before.
Kinda like Bo Nickal or Mark Hall?

They're not back, because, you know they're not representing the US at Worlds.

Sound logic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Kinda like Bo Nickal or Mark Hall?

They're not back, because, you know they're not representing the US at Worlds.

Sound logic.

Not the same. Not even in the same universe as the same thing.

Not the same. Not even in the same universe as the same thing.
Why, they're not representing Team USA.

Hell, they didn't even try (like Pico). So it's in the same Galaxy within our Universe.

Hall & Nickal didn't go to the trials because ostensibly they were getting ready for the Collegiate season and the long push towards the Olympics. I can't guarantee it but that's a pretty safe bet. And, having seen them wrestle so far this year, I'd say that's a  pretty good  guess. Pico didn't go to the trials because 1. he's not eligible and 2. he's been competing in a completely different sport. Again, I can't guarantee it, but it's a pretty safe bet if he hasn't competed in wrestling since the 2016 Olympic trials then  he was not eligible for the 2018 World team trials. I can absolutely confirm he's been competing in another sport for a couple years.

Hall & Nickal didn't go to the trials because ostensibly they were getting ready for the Collegiate season and the long push towards the Olympics. I can't guarantee it but that's a pretty safe bet. And, having seen them wrestle so far this year, I'd say that's a  pretty good  guess. Pico didn't go to the trials because 1. he's not eligible and 2. he's been competing in a completely different sport. Again, I can't guarantee it, but it's a pretty safe bet if he hasn't competed in wrestling since the 2016 Olympic trials then  he was not eligible for the 2018 World team trials. I can absolutely confirm he's been competing in another sport for a couple years.

Why did they skip US Nationals this past year?

How about U 23's?

Apparently they only wrestle folkstyle or wrestle guys they can beat.

We are all aware about Pico and his MMA career.

Again, it's similar because all the PSU guys Pico's age didn't even try to make the world team(s).

1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

Why did they skip US Nationals this past year?

How about U 23's?

Apparently they only wrestle folkstyle or wrestle guys they can beat.

We are all aware about Pico and his MMA career.

Again, it's similar because all the PSU guys Pico's age didn't even try to make the world team(s).

Who as David Taylor's training partner leading up to Worlds this year?

How active are said guys in the wrestling world the past few years? How active has Pico been in the wrestling world the past few years?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

T.R. Foley is the one that shot and edited that video at Edge of Pico  and Chamzio and this is what he said when somebody asked about Pico and 2020.  I'm pretty sure if Pico were to make a serious run at 2020 then I'm guessing he'd probably move to AZ to train with both Valencias, Pendleton, Haislan Garcia/Zeke or NY to train with Chamizo/Vlad,Kendall Cross and be back with Valentin:

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/20848

Q: I saw the video of Frank Chamizo and Aaron Pico training together. It was fun to watch. I know in an August mailbag you wrote that you don't think Pico will make a run at the 2020 Olympics. Has your opinion changed at all? Or do you think the Pico wrestling ship has sailed?
-- Mike C.

Foley: Awesome! I shot and edited that video, which means I also spoke to Aaron for a bit during and after the training session.

I learned that Pico DOES want to compete for the 2020 Olympic team, but that would be dependent on how he's feeling in 9-12 months. His desire to compete comes with several caveats. If he's the Bellator champion (and I think he will be), training for the Open and the Olympic Team Trials will be difficult due to paying promotional commitments. He'd also have to look at relocating, finding training partners and getting out on the international circuit.

What I will say is the "thing" that Pico has on the wrestling mat has NOT disappeared. He lost the Olympic spot in the third match via criteria to Frank Molinaro. That was a weird style matchup for Pico and he lacked the power to fight through some of the positions, but Frank won't be the threat in 2020 and Pico has (in his own words) gotten "twice as strong the last two years."

Zain, JO and Logan Stieber are all standing in his way, but from what I just watched with Pico training against Chamizo and Lavion Mayes there is absolutely no doubt that he could win the spot, and with less wrestling-only preparation than any other wrestler in the sport.