pish6969

Duck of the month club

1 minute ago, pish6969 said:

It’s not Spencer, it’s Brands. He officially moves to the top of the list over Tan Tom.

That said it won’t be official until next week if Young and Lee take the mat or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the coach is the problem, the duck is awarded to the wrestler.  And what happens next week has nothing to do with it, this was a duck - quack quack quack quack quack!

While the coach is the problem, the duck is awarded to the wrestler.  And what happens next week has nothing to do with it, this was a duck - quack quack quack quack quack!

It appears to be a duck. But if they don’t wrestle next week it doesn’t qualify. If they do then it goes in the books

1 minute ago, pish6969 said:

It appears to be a duck. But if they don’t wrestle next week it doesn’t qualify. If they do then it goes in the books

There no such silly rule in the official Duck book, that's just something some silly poster made up.  Iowa is on a Fri/Sun road trip, he wrestled on Fri night looked fine but now on Sunday he's gotta wrestle someone who might beat him.  Even if he magically caught the flu this morning that's still the definition of a duck given who he was supposed to wrestle.  Next week he could actually be sick or have gotten injured in practice, hence that tells us nothing.

There no such silly rule in the official Duck book, that's just something some silly poster made up.  Iowa is on a Fri/Sun road trip, he wrestled on Fri night looked fine but now on Sunday he's gotta wrestle someone who might beat him.  Even if he magically caught the flu this morning that's still the definition of a duck given who he was supposed to wrestle.  Next week he could actually be sick or have gotten injured in practice, hence that tells us nothing.

Silly poster? I’m the official duck criteria creator and it’s been accepted throughout message boards near and far.

Who knows, maybe Spencer and Young tweaked something in their match Friday this the reason they sitting today. Id prefer to err on the side of caution. That’s why next Friday is the final piece. If they don’t wrestle, it’s clear they got hurt, if they do it’s a duck.

Nobody mentions Desanto and Mitch Bowman sitting against Illinois Friday. What's happening is teams like Iowa and PSU are resting their guys against tough opponents during a long season when there's no question they're going to win the duals. Nobody will remember if Lee or Joseph don't wrestle a match during the season. What they will remember is if they win a NCAA title or not. 

Spencer Lee:
5 quacks!
migration-reports.jpg

Well it is confirmed you are correct. 2 ducks. Tom Brands came out and said the reason was not injury, illness, etc..”coaches decision” which is like saying “duck”

He gets an extra quack for coming out and admitting in public.

Wow..I am shocked. Imagine the potential recruits for Iowa hearing the coach will willingly duck competition.

Not a good look for Iowa

So if Rasheed wrestles against MIchigan State, it's a duck right?

One could make that case and I wouldn’t argue (it certainly meets criteria). He had that huge brace against Michigan and didn’t look right so if we can give him time to heal I’m good with it

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

Nah ... bigger duck when Gross did it last year, Rivera just a copy cat

Not really...we knew Gross was going to do it a week in advance, whereas we had, at most, 15 minutes notice about Rivera (and that's only if you follow my corporate Twitter feed, @wrestlingbypir8)

On 2/10/2019 at 5:03 PM, pish6969 said:

One could make that case and I wouldn’t argue (it certainly meets criteria). He had that huge brace against Michigan and didn’t look right so if we can give him time to heal I’m good with it

I guess not an official duck, but he has now conveniently missed a few ranked opponents this year. 

I guess not an official duck, but he has now conveniently missed a few ranked opponents this year. 

If the National rankers would just use my criteria it would be pretty easy to see the ducks and the injury/sickness situations.

It’s been clear as day.

Rasheed is hurt. I hope he wrestles Parker tomorrow but doubt it.

All this from him falling asleep last 5 seconds vs Wisconsin

6 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Knee was definitely tweaked (at about 8:19 in the below video).  However, he was able to jog off the mat afterwards.

And wrestle against Michigan

8 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

And wrestle against Michigan

It's not uncommon for a knee to be symptomatic intermittently - particular if there are loose cartilage fragments in the joint.  One day you're good to go and another day you're not.

That said, whether Rasheed is ducking or not, is a determination that can only be made by application of Pish's Official Duck Criteria©.

46 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Knee was definitely tweaked (at about 8:19 in the below video).  However, he was able to jog off the mat afterwards.

Rasheed takes a very weird step at 4:26 of this match. Seems plausible he actually had something happen early in the match but didn't really feel it until that final sequence. 

Ohio U. this past Sunday.

In a dual vs MAC opponent Buffalo, they don't wrestle 4 of their potential NCAA Qualifiers:

Laney at 125
Guillen at 133
Carson at 157
Yinger at 165

All in an attempt to AVOID taking losses which would impact their MAC Seeding.  It should be noted that Buffalo wrestled their entire lineup.

Hoping Ohio performs poorly at MAC Qualifier.

10 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

Ohio U. this past Sunday.

In a dual vs MAC opponent Buffalo, they don't wrestle 4 of their potential NCAA Qualifiers:

Laney at 125
Guillen at 133
Carson at 157
Yinger at 165

All in an attempt to AVOID taking losses which would impact their MAC Seeding.  It should be noted that Buffalo wrestled their entire lineup.

Hoping Ohio performs poorly at MAC Qualifier.

Here is a totally weird DUCK.

Iowa State's Last Chance Open this past Sunday. Brody Teske is entered and slotted to wrestle Cefalo from Rider. Cefalo FORFEITS but then wrestles in the consolations! 

Psu obviously knows the duck "criteria" and has used it to their advantage, as to not be called out for ducking. Iowa on the other hand was not aware, and has constantly ducked because of it. Are we gonna get a duck of the year award when the season is over?

Edited by Molsen

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Here is a totally weird DUCK.

Iowa State's Last Chance Open this past Sunday. Brody Teske is entered and slotted to wrestle Cefalo from Rider. Cefalo FORFEITS but then wrestles in the consolations! 

I saw that.

Cefalo was obviously there for the sole purpose of improving his Winning Pct.  So why wrestle Teske (which is a potential loss) when instead you can wrestle Nguyen (which is almost certainly a win). lol.  

In a similar interesting situation at that Open..... Wyatt Sheets (OSU), who was obviously there to acquire an RPI, mff's matches to both Knutson & Hubbard (both losing records) so he can Inj Def to Stotts (winning record) in the 5th place match.

As this was a "Last Chance Open", I have no problems with Coaches trying to game the system to position their wrestlers to acquire an AQ for their Quaifiers. 

I do however have a problem with Coaches like the Ohio U. Coach doing what he did in the Buffalo dual.