pish6969

Duck of the month club

Let’s start tallying duck jobs throughout the year. I’m not counting ducks for people that are injured obviously.

1. Sean Bormet keeping Micic out of CKLV for no apparent reason. Kids healthy and wrestled in both Michigan duals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, pish6969 said:

Let’s start tallying duck jobs throughout the year. I’m not counting ducks for people that are injured obviously.

1. Sean Bormet keeping Micic out of CKLV for no apparent reason. Kids healthy and wrestled in both Michigan duals

You serious, Clark?  Micic isn't going at CKLV?  What a let down.

Edited by StallWarning

1 hour ago, JasonBryant said:

He's viewing Bormet's comments via Flo's Twitter as something they aren't. 

A crock?  That is what everyone else who doesn't need the goodwill of the coaches view it as.   We deserve this sport to be on the dirt road that it is.  Zero coaching integrity or respect for the fans.  

29 minutes ago, Perry said:

Rumor has been out there about a Micic injury for a while I believe? Biggest duck of the season (so far) is Tom Brands + Jacob Warner

Micic actually did get injured on Sept. 8th at the Poland Open. I think he got hurt in the semi final match there against a former World Silver. 

16 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Micic actually did get injured on Sept. 8th at the Poland Open. I think he got hurt in the semi final match there against a former World Silver. 

Micic is Duck of the Month for ducking Team USA after Juniors and competing for Serbia on the Senior level.

2 hours ago, TFBJR said:

A crock?  That is what everyone else who doesn't need the goodwill of the coaches view it as.   We deserve this sport to be on the dirt road that it is.  Zero coaching integrity or respect for the fans.  

Guy is coming off an injury that kept him from competing at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. If we think two duals against a pair of unranked opponents is somehow proof he's ready to go through the CKLV less than 100 percent, then by all means, you go coach Michigan. Bormet explained he wasn't 100 percent last year going into the CKLV and look at his performance. He lost to a guy he beat a few times later in the year and majored another guy at the NCAA Championships. To me, Bormet knows he's not ready for a two-day banger tournament right now and he openly said such. That isn't good enough, I guess. Bormet's ethics have never been questioned, and they shouldn't be now. 

What's zero integrity is putting your athlete out there when you KNOW he's not fully ready. I'm not buying the duck scenario here, considering he was injured this summer and that injury kept him from the biggest stage in the world for 2018. We're also all doctors on this board, too, right? To me, as an unbiased agent here, give Bormet the benefit of the doubt. 

Would you be happy if Micic went out there and aggravated an injury that prevented him from wrestling the rest of the season? It's abundantly clear he isn't 100 percent to anyone who's paid any attention to wrestling the past six months. Is that respect for the fans by wrestling someone so they can watch in December, but ruining their season from there on out? Give me a break. 

BS.   Not ready??  What does that mean?  Did he not get a calendar? He started the season and wrestled every match.   

What it means is - "He is not ready to wrestle these good guys, and we don't want his seed to be affected, so we ducked them".   It's a fact of life in these D1 seeding is all important days, but fans don't have to like it. 

Don't make excuses for poor behavior to curry favor with coaches.  

1 hour ago, TFBJR said:

BS.   Not ready??  What does that mean?  Did he not get a calendar? He started the season and wrestled every match.   

What it means is - "He is not ready to wrestle these good guys, and we don't want his seed to be affected, so we ducked them".   It's a fact of life in these D1 seeding is all important days, but fans don't have to like it. 

edit: Not worth it

Edited by Housebuye

3 hours ago, TFBJR said:

You could probably benefit from a lesson (or ten) in reading comprehension. 

I honestly sometimes wonder how many of these forum posters have wrestled at any level let alone the highest level of collegiate wrestling. 

Get a grip keyboard warriors.  Do you guys say nfl players are “ducking” when they get out on IR or miss a couple games?

1 hour ago, Witherman said:

I honestly sometimes wonder how many of these forum posters have wrestled at any level let alone the highest level of collegiate wrestling. 

Get a grip keyboard warriors.  Do you guys say nfl players are “ducking” when they get out on IR or miss a couple games?

I can pretty much guarantee you that NFL coaches don't sit guys whose limbs are working perfectly fine. If a guy's arms and legs work correctly, he will be on that field come hell or high water if the team needs him. Week 16 maybe not, week 6 hell yea. 

Pish where you at??? 

I’m here why? I don’t feel like getting caught up in BS. First let me set the record straight. I NEVER will blame the kid, it’s ALWAYS the coach. I don’t think any of these high level athletes shy away from anything.

Here is my criteria for the coach to be on this list...

A duck only comes into play when there are seeding implications. So the crazy person that called out Cenzo (I realize he was probably joking) made me not want to post but I’ll share my criteria. People can agree to disagree.

1. Seeding implications (meaning top 10 guys)

2. Wrestler A wrestles matches in previous duals, sits against tough competition, and then returns in next dual.

That simple..Warner is not ducking since he hasn’t seen the mat yet.

Cenzo didn’t duck an unranked wrestler

Here are some recent examples off top of my head and I’m sure others can think of others that fit my criteria..

Bormet with Micic..jury still out but if Micic takes Mat next time Michigan wrestles, it’s a duck

Brands with Stoll twice last year. Once vs Snyder last year when match was still on the line. Didn’t send out Stoll to wrestle with Iowa down by 5. Stolls a pinner and his only chance of beating Snyder is pin, so why not send him out? Still wrestled match prior and after. Brands also did it with Stoll when they wrestled Maryland. Ducked Hermedia while he wrestled match prior and after

Tom Ryan with NATO. Wrestles Friday and then skips Suriano Sunday. Came back next match.

Those are 4 examples that fit my criteria. I admire ALL the warriors. It’s the coaches that cause it. I want to set that straight if anyone confused.