Sign in to follow this  
Perry

CKLV Discussion

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Hayes goes down to Barone. I feel bad for Hayes. He is way too small for 157. I'm surprised coach ryan didn't force Micah to go 157. Hayes is a likely AA at 149. Micah would absolutely AA at 157 again. 

I respect it. I'm sure they have their reasons. 

I don't feel bad for Hayes at all and I am happy Jordan is competing in the right weight.  If a guy wants to change weights for the team, then great for him.  If a guy wants to wrestle in his best weight class, then great for him and nobody has any right to tell him to sacrifice his own goals for anyone else.  

As a coach I almost always pushed kids to whatever weight was best for them and let other guys sort out as able.  The only exception would be if the sacrifice had a real likelihood to impact some large team goal, and even then I would ask a kid but never push.  It's an individual sport first and foremost.  

Clarion's Greg Bulsak ibeats VT's Tom Sleigh 8-1 to move into the Cliff Keen semi finals. This is the wrestler PSU greyshirt Mike Beard had a 13 point lead on in the 2nd period before winning close at the Clarion Open. 

4 minutes ago, Perry said:

Gable steveson is the best heavyweight I've ever seen in NCAAs

Fake News.  Snyder is a 3x NCAA Champ and can do everything Gable is doing, but with greater proficiency.  Also... see Gwiz, Konrad, Mocco, Neal, Haselrig.  

Now... Singletary is NOT the greatest I've every seen, but I'm super happy to see him doing as well as he is!

6 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Fake News.  Snyder is a 3x NCAA Champ and can do everything Gable is doing, but with greater proficiency.  Also... see Gwiz, Konrad, Mocco, Neal, Haselrig.  

Now... Singletary is NOT the greatest I've every seen, but I'm super happy to see him doing as well as he is!

Snyder of last year beats Gable of this year. Easy call to make. Coon of last year beats him too.