Sign in to follow this  
LemonPie

#FireBrands?

On 12/2/2018 at 11:47 PM, LemonPie said:

How do I get this fire started on social media?  No context necessary, just looking to get a lot of fake outrage from non-wrestling fans. 

BeFV8Yh.gif

Admittedly, I don't know which Brands this is. 

If it gets the attention of Iowa it could result in a real firing. Sounds pretty irresponsible.

13 minutes ago, Relentless125 said:

Who would Iowa even replace Brands with? The other Brands? I don't think they will have a new head coach until Spencer Lee takes over.

Depends on how deep they're able to dig...

The obvious best choice would be Tom Ryan, but I don't see that happening.  They'd have to offer something like $500k+ per year in total comp, and that might not even do it.  

Pat Pop is probably the next best choice, but I don't see the link.  Question is whether he will hold out for the Oklahoma State job, or just keep building in Raleigh.  Both are more likely than him heading to Iowa IMO.  

Maybe Brian Smith could be a sneaky good hire, but again, I don't see the link.  

There are some great assistants out there, but firing Brands and hiring an unproven commodity is just asking for trouble.  

And... since they already hired Littlefinger to run their club... is he not the most obvious possibility?

On 12/2/2018 at 6:47 PM, LemonPie said:

How do I get this fire started on social media?  No context necessary, just looking to get a lot of fake outrage from non-wrestling fans. 

BeFV8Yh.gif

Admittedly, I don't know which Brands this is. 

"Throw me Brands" = Terry.

"Slap me Brands" = Tom.

Keep up, man!

Caption:  Thanks coach, now I can  wrestle!!

Caption:  Ok, no go wrestle his heart out!!

Caption:  A slap a day keeps Coach Brands away

Caption:  Make his day!

My opinion: I see nothing wrong with this if the wrestler wants it for getting him in the zone of winning or die trying. 

mspart

Less fun is the truth posted on Iowa's site: ""I had no intentions on going, but it's hard (not too) when we are losing a big dual like that," Stoll said. "I ran out there and Tom met me in the middle, said: 'I don't want this, you're not going." I told him it was my last 'State Week' and he gave me a good slap in the face and I went."

So I guess the truth is that Tom slapped him for disobeying an order?